Monday 6 May 2024

#BlogLife683 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 11 - Too Close To Home

Good afternoony :) How are you doing? I feel lighter and happier than I have in a long while.

I'm very bloated but there was no nausea so I'm just sipping ribena and I just had a glorious nap as I woke up early for the groceries.

Iceland had a new make of chicken samosa and chicken spring rolls. £4.50 each and 18 contained inside.

It's not bad as it will last me a while, I hope it's not too spicy though.

They are cooking at the moment, I figure 20 minutes should do it. For breakfast I cooked the chapati and cracked eggs on top and then put a chapati over it and it was delicious.

Next time I will just add some butter on the surface. Oh I am getting to like that Heinz sriracha sauce, it's very mild and I'm thinking maybe that spice will knock out this feverish feeling I'm going through.

I just finished the Delia White vitamin C face wash. It was slightly moisturising but I wouldn't recommend it for combination skin.

It did not remove or prevent blemishes, I kept breaking out and it did nothing to stop it.

Now I am using the Nivea hydra skin effect face gel and oh crikey the price.

I bought it on sale for £2.62 which is fine but the original price is £5.25, there is no way I would pay that for 150ml bottle.

The scent seems fine but generic, nothing I can place. It applies and rinses easily.

Afterwards my whole face felt smooth and deeply cleansed.

The Desime samosa and the spring roll and really spicy, it's not my type of taste, it could have done with more seasoning and less pepper.

I won't be buying it again, my face is all red and warm.

This should be a Chatty Chicks but I have to talk about the show Too Close To Home..

I like/hate it because of the trashyness of it. Season one, has mainly a white cast and I thought ok, that's different for a Tyler Perry show.

Then season two introduces black characters which made me laugh, why now??

Tyler's recurring theme is always abuse, so I was waiting for that but none seemed to occur until the end when the secrets were revealed and you think.......

Ahhh that's why you act like that. Three sisters, one is a drug addict, one is on the surface together, but chooses a bad brother instead of a good one.

The other has an affair with the President and is under his control but plays the victim too.

How do you go from brother to brother, sister to sister, there's no-one else you could fall in love with but your current/exes siblings??

Yuckity, that's what I mean by the trashyness of it. I wanna see how it ends though, who ends up with whom.

I want to like Brodie one of the brothers that is a love interest, he seems like a good guy but then he keeps flirting with them both and has slept with them both.

None of the males seem wholesome really and maybe that is what is missing.

If there are bad characters, there has to be equally good ones. You have to root for someone.

I think it was interesting when Bonnie broke up with Brodie and she said, You're too good for me, you're going to hurt me.

And he said I would never do that, you're distrustful because I treat you right, where my brother always harms you, yet you seem to prefer that and it's really messed up.

At this point in my life I wouldn't recognise a good guy either. I would question everything he said and did.

Why are you being nice? What are you after? Just hurry up and show your true colours so I can dump you etc etc.

I just think when you've experienced bad things and bad people, it's hard to be vulnerable and let someone in, to let them see you raw and unguarded.

I feel like Bonnie doesn't feel she deserves happiness, maybe a big part of it is guilt, that she couldn't protect herself and her sisters and just feels unclean and too damaged or like she will be judged.

The thought processes always fascinate me as a woman and as someone that has had a rough childhood.

Oh the last thing I wanted to add, which made me cringe so hard, was that one gay guy was involved in a hate crime that he didn't deserve but incited himself.

But luckily he was being taken care of by Brodie and his papa and instead of being grateful and respectful, he was disgustingly flirty.

To someone that didn't have to take you in and look after you and you're supposedly happily off the market, he did so much nonstop sleazy flirting.

Ick, I found that revolting. Luckily Brodie as uncomfortable as he was, took it with a pinch of salt.

Kinda reminded me of when I was trying to support females and they were inappropriately chatting me up, relentlessly, I felt so exploited.

Why is it so difficult to be faithful and respect people???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D