Thursday 2 May 2024

#BlogLife682 - Nandos give new meaning to the word Lazy!

I think every bone and muscle in my body is shattered. The pedicure and triple massage was delightful though.

He was very friendly and thorough, during the scrub and cream feet and leg massage and wasn't too rough but my body started stiffening up and now it's a lil tender.

Oh oops, I was wrong about Popeyes opening today, ha, it's tomorrow so hopefully at some point I will try out the cheese and egg muffin thingy majiggy, unless it's only served in the mornings, we shall see.

No sign of the lip balms yet, the tweezers haven't been despatched either, although I don't know if today's Postie has come and gone as it's only 2pm and yesterday I think he came at 3pm...

I feel really skittish around that barking dog/s still so I decided to crank up the music, it's giving me so much stress but even though I'm hurting my poor eardrums I didn't hear it bark/pseudo chase me.

Everyone seems to be mumbling today or maybe my ears have given up. When I went to get the veggy pakoras there wasn't much left and this was at 10.30am.

Wow they are popular! I was trying to ask him what time they made them and he just mumbled something I couldn't understand so I left it and just bought the remainder ha.

I split it with Mama and asked for the dip and maybe he gave me the remainder because there was about 5 or 6 in the bag lol.

But she loves it so will enjoy it or freeze it for another time. I also got some ladoos, gulabs for a nice dessert later.

Now onto the title. I don't think Mama has been to my local branch before, her one she said were very kind and accommodating to her needs.

Mine was a whole rude disaster area. I think the price was about £22 and I treated her because she, like me, isn't feeling the greatest.

Anyway, I ordered a grilled chicken pitta and a fanta, £8 for a small meal and a whopping £4 for the drink with free refills.

She wanted spicy rice, broccoli and wings so that must have been about £12.

I feel sorry that she couldn't enjoy her usual hot drink because there was a limited selection, ice tea and soft drinks.

We sat down, the waitress handed us one measly menu and said we had to come to the front to order.

Ummm are we at a drive through? Loads of waiters milling about and you can't take an order and bring drinks?

Ick! So we left our belongings vulnerable to thieves and traipsed to the front, at this point, we are both, famished and dead on our feet.

Then they want the bloody table number. We go back, find it out and then wait and wait.

She then directs us, vaguely pointing to a direction, the drinks are help yourself, somewhere over there.

That's my snapping point because I see nowhere that could be a drinks station so I bring the empty glasses back to the table, doing their crappy job for them.

And I start cursing because I'm frustrated and the pains building.

Mama mia actually discovered it and at that point, I wanted to punch all the staff in the face for being unfriendly, unhelpful and just LAZY!!!

Fast forward about 10-15 minutes later, where small portions arrive as seen on my Twitter @SleeplessScrib1.

The food was barely warm, the chicken was tough and overcooked, the lemon and herb marinade was tasty.

But I ate a quarter and left the rest, it did not appeal and was not worth the price.

If they continue with the shoddy service they will not survive at all.

I do not recommend them. I would rather the simple but warm cafe, which offers a complete service and the food is piping hot, even though the place is always packed!!

Nandos was more than half empty. Yet they couldn't be bothered to heat up the food?

They were prioritising home delivery orders instead of the restaurant ones.

I couldn't hate them more, if I tried!!! Disgusting!! I will not be returning!

I came home and straight away ordered my sushi, the guy was mumbling but because he was out of the ramune drinks, he gave me a complimentary cheesecake thingy.

It looks like a small pancake, I would have given it to Mama, she loves that kinda thing and I'm such a dope.

I forgot to walk with the bag with all her snacks ughhh. I really want the drinks but I don't have the energy to pop it open.

I'll probably leave the sushi for tomorrow and have the pakoras instead, they are better fresh.

I still find it insane that they sell out that quickly and don't make several batches, only one.

It is better fresh but aren't they cutting their profits and disappointing customers?

Maybe people don't buy the pakoras that much but rather the vast array of desserts?

Mama gave me some chicken samosas and maybe pasta I think.

Oops forgot to add this bit, I was waiting for them to come around and ask if we needed anything or how the meal was?

Never ever happened, they couldn't care less! I would have given them a piece of my mind, how do you like being served cold food???

Oh and there wasn't cutlery or napkins on the table either, Yeesh, why even have staff, if the customer does it all themselves??

Fetch this and that, wonderful for anyone ill, entering the establishment, wanting a rest and then finding out, you serve your bloody self with cold food!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D