Wednesday 1 May 2024

#BlogLife681 - RGP cleaner manufacturers are sadists!

Song of the day - Poonam Singh - Hold On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3g5OMjXETg&list=PL_S79tzxwHpOjlynfkGbkx-UC99ltSAXW&index=66

It's been quite a morning, not that much nausea, but I went to clean my lenses and put them in and they have been burning for nearly half an hour, as some cleaner must have lingered.

Ugh, they still feel sensitive and burn slightly. Why do they have to make them so bloody strong? It's ridiculous how much they sting the eyes.

Woop I'm celebrating two months without a period. I'll probably come on this month but it's been heavenly.

That's how stressed I've been of late but I'm trying to get over it and actually just saying the words out loud yesterday to my acquaintance was incredibly satisfying.

I think it was the lack of pretence, that I usually offer up and this time I thought No, I'll come clean and say, there's a lot of personal angst at the moment.

She asked me if I was taking care of myself properly? I replied with a chuckle and said I was trying too...

I noticed that in the Market an old Poundland store is being replaced, they seemed popular, not sure how they went bankrupt?

Maybe it was the lack of personal service, they switched to the automated checkouts and to be honest, they put me off a lot.

Those things always fritz on me and it holds me up to wait for a person to assist me. I can't stand those machines.

Anyway, what is it being replaced with? A Popeyes restaurant. It's a big space so they can afford to not only offer a takeaway service but dine in also.

I've never been to one before and I think tomorrow is the grand opening and I wonder how much fanfare there will be.

There's normally a small fuss made when someone new arrives.

Not many businesses thrive there to be honest, except the banks and probably food services..

Although the place I really pine for is the bakery Percy Ingles, they did scrumptious cakes.

I guess depending on their prices, when it's viciously cutthroat, will be a factor on, if they survive.

It's really competitive, with Five Guys, Nandos, cheap cafes, Greggs and other places nearby offering reasonable-ish prices.

Plus there are a few KFC places scattered around and that has to be the main competition.

I wonder if there will be any vouchers or discounts for the first day?

I was looking at the menu and there is an egg and cheese muffin, that I have never tried, not even in McDonalds.

I always assumed it had a pork component to it. Actually I just realised there will probably be a huge crowd there and we are not the type to wait around.

I think the only time I did that was when the new Tmobile store opened and they did a raffle for prizes.

I wasn't lucky but it was a fun way to draw people in and I commend them for that.

I'm not sure if I'll wash my hair tomorrow, it's not greasy but it's completely flat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D