Monday 14 August 2017

Woo nots

There seems to be a recurring theme about the words used by men when they are trying to pick me up. 
 
This post is inspired by the events of last night. A little heads up if you will into the sort that I attract.

He seemed pleasant enough a little too serious for my liking and not that jovial but at least he was communicative. 
 
He asked me questions and I did the same but in the back of my mind reservations were forming about his personality and certain things he said.

"Trust me, I will never hurt you." 
 
Which I took to mean, maybe his intentions are honourable but if he was a real gentleman he would let time unfold and his character shine through by itself without any grand promises. 
 
Trust needs to be earned not automatically given, for me anyway.

"You need to let me read your blog to better know you."
 
This again is pressurising me which I do not respond well to. It felt like he wanted to forgo the dating ritual and move on to the soulmate portion. 
 
I actually did let him read it because I knew that he would hate it and I am trying to give a little more of myself to the world.

I suspect he picked out a random post/s did some skim reading and made a snap judgement because his next words were  
 
"Why are you so angry?"
 
"The past is gone, get over it." 
 
Which did disturb me but it was another interesting glimpse into his brainwaves. 
 
There is a lot that has happened to me that I will never get over because I was so vulnerable, young and needed protecting not destroying.

"Give me your phone number and address." 
 
Which really set the alarm bells ringing. Dangerous or desperately lonely neither was acceptable. 
 
He could have offered his number/email and said if I was uncomfortable this would be an alternative route. 
 
Instead he accuses me of having something to hide when I am being a responsible woman and looking after myself and not heading into what could be a creepy or volatile position.

Fast tracking an introduction and a potential friendship is not the way to go with me. When I say I am wary, that you should take as a definite understatement. 
 
He really did not see what was wrong in going to his place in the early hours of the morning.

The bottom line is, you and I are strangers. I look for patience, someone that pays attention when I am not in my comfort zone and somebody that listens to the important things that I say.
 
You can make any claims that you want but the real test is through time to see if you are consistent. If you won't give me that, you are not somebody that should be approaching me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D