Saturday 5 January 2019

Parenting the parent

It is strange how as I have gotten older I find myself talking semi sternly with my mother about certain aspects and she tries to convince me otherwise which I smile at and remember how I used to do the same with her. 

She does reluctantly listen and it's always to benefit her and not myself but each day I catch myself and think about how time is passing by. 

It scares me sometimes. The thought of losing another parent and being on my own. I am a grown woman living independently but knowing that I can call my mum up anytime and get some advice or just have a chat is so wonderfully warm and fuzzy. 

I don't want to regret missing out so even if I'm busy, I usually just make time for it.

I don't like the idea of getting older but I have at least stopped freaking out about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D