Friday 24 March 2017

Going backwards not forwards

I suffered a setback this week. As if I don't have enough on my plate trying to cope each day, I managed to further cause an injury by damaging my arm in some mysterious way as I have no clue how it happened. 

Did I sleep funny? Was it caused by a workout? Heavy lifting?

Either on Sunday or Monday I can't quite recall it just felt quite tender while I was using it and then suddenly it felt like it did back then. I couldn't move it at all without shrieking in agony. 

I couldn't do my hair, I couldn't get dressed. I could barely move and right then I was transported back to how I felt years ago in the same boat - helpless.

Why was this happening to me again? I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to worry anyone so I kept it to myself. I lived on snacks and mostly slept the week away. I couldn't do much in that state anyway.

I tried various remedies like heat and flexing it but holding anything against it or moving it was torture so I gave up soon after. I'm not one for painkillers so that was not really a consideration. 

I did order a hot/cold gel pack so that should arrive next week and I can use it in the future as my arm is practically back to normal.

I just gave myself a massage from those cushion thingys. It helped to remove the last of my tension. This life is draining me and I have so many things to do but I can't. 

How can I make the pain stop long enough to accomplish something? I'm trying. I just need one good day to get everything done. Just give me one decent day please.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D