Wednesday 17 February 2021

February musings

I've just heard from Bzz and looks like I will get my sample of eye drops either this week or next as it's been posted, finally. 

I could do with them actually as my eyes are dry and yesterday they were quite irritable. 

I am down to my last saline bottle and shopped around and made an offer on Ebay and got a 3x for £10 deal which was accepted.

That is so unusual because sellers list make an offer but 99% off the time, they reject reasonable bids in favour of greed but this time, maybe the person was in a good mood, so yay :)

Else I would be stuck as it is scarce at the moment. I need a clothy thick heavy headband but I haven't seen many that will stay in place.

There are some yoga types but I am not paying £4+ for a lousy headband. I've tried out the Aromatherapy Associates lip balm and it is moisturising but it doesn't prevent chapping.

It is just effective in the moment but not overnight. On to the next brand, when it finishes. I have to start thinking about Mother's Day.

I usually just do a gift basket, maybe I will do drinks, nibbles and a gritty book as she likes mystery or thrillers, as long as it isn't part of a series.

She has enough beauty stuff and scents and she adored the perfumed lotions that I bought her for Christmas. They smell divine and are long lasting. 

I really hope she manages to get her shower sorted soon.

We are now at the same point where it's a strain to get in and out of the bathtub but soon after I moved in, I bought a cute lil wooden step thing that really helps.

I might browse Eden, the Christian bookstore. As long as my order is a tenner, the postage is free. I've bought a few things using Paypal for mama and haven't had any issues.

Ooh they have book lights. That's a possibility but I think she already has a few lamps. There isn't that much choice but for someone religious, it's a cute theme in their gifts.

In the past I've bought notebooks, bookmarks, pens, books. Ooh I just remembered she loves those wildlife documentaries.

I might add those to the basket too. I haven't logged in to Duolingo for a while but I did recently. I was trying to learn German again.

I thought about learning Italian and Spanish too but I can't seem to keep my interest. I will do it for a while and then it gets too difficult.

I keep mixing it up and getting it wrong. It is a fun way to learn with hearing the pronunciations and seeing it written but I have so much taking focus at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D