Monday 28 September 2020

Look after yourself (fiction)

I set up the flickering interchanging colourful battery operated candles on the table and switch off the lights letting the glow and heat from the crackling fire warm the room. 

I press play and soft music fills the area from the speakers and then I pour you a special crushed ice fruity berry mocktail filled with a blend of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.

I gently open the clip on your hair and tell you to shake your head free to prepare for the scalp massage. 

I lightly comb my hands through your strands bringing them back towards me and then bring your hair upwards away from the back of your neck and softly grip your hair underneath sliding my hands towards me a few times.

Then I move to the top of your scalp. I drive my finger deep in your hair and using my fingertips I massage your head in small circles. 

I rotate from the front and then the sides, trying to steer clear of your sensitive tingly ears. 

I whisper to move your head forward so that I can immerse my hands completely into your scalp and proceed making small circular motions all over.

I mildly comb through your strands again, making sure there are no knots and luckily there are none present. 

I tell you to tilt your head back up and gathering hair from your sides I start to french braid your hair. 

I take my time and repeat gathering wisps of hair from your sides, tracing my fingers along because you find it so soothing. 

Afterwards I secure it with a purple bobble and lastly to finish off I put a hairband on you so that the tufts of your hair won't be in the way.

When I was younger I loved having my hair softly played with because it was so long and thick. 

It took a lot of maintenance. I could never style my hair, the way others could, so it was a real treat to let someone take over.

I squirt some pomegranate oil free moisturiser on the tips of my fingers and dot your forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and neck. 

Using the tips of my fingers I massage it in with precise but faint movements.

I wait a few minutes and then I squirt a little blueberry gel face wash into my hands and mix it with warm water until it forms a creamy lather. 

I then start with your forehead and massage it into your skin in circular motions. 

Slipping down to the sides of your face, I split my hands and massage your cheeks and nose and then dipping down to your chin and neck areas. I continue to use light feathery touches.
 
I leave that for a few moments and squeeze the strawberry mud mask on the firm bristle head of the face brush that I have just soaked in warm water. 

I tell you to close your eyes because I don't want any accidental irritation. I start with your forehead once more and press with medium force to intensely penetrate your skin. 

The room fills with the scent of fresh strawberries. It doesn't hurt and yet it has more reach than wipes. 

I did a comparison test, removing makeup with wipes and then with my brush and so much more makeup was removed with the brush and I thought my face was already cleansed but evidently not.

I move the brush down the left side of your face to the side of your eye and continue rolling it around, lingering in each area for about a minute. 

I move to your cheek and then work along your jawline. I let it dip to your neck and make sure it is completely coated and then I switch sides and finish up on your right side. 

Rotating it along the jawline and up the chin and then up to your nose and cheek and ending at the side of your right eye.

I smile and tell you it's perfectly safe to open your eyes again. 

I leave the concoction setting for five minutes and while I wait, I rinse the brush head and leave it to dry overnight. 

I bring a bowl of warm water with me and dab the soft bamboo face cloth into it, carefully wringing the excess afterwards.

Using the cloth I wipe away the mask and face wash from your face, gliding the cloth around until all traces are removed. 

I then take a fresh flannel and delicately pat your face dry. 

I pour a few drops of the miscellar water toner on a face wipe and apply it all over your face and neck using sweeping motions. 

Your scalp massage, hairdo and facial is now complete. I hope you adored it as much as I did. 

It's made me really sleepy all this selflessness :D

Sweet dreams 
 
Zzzzz










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D