Thursday 3 September 2020

Post celebrations

This heatwave is so much more bearable with a fan that lasts all night. The cheap ones I bought are ok but poor quality and conk out within a few hours. 

I feel like I'm getting roughly five hours of sleep each night, give or take, which is not nearly enough for my fragile body.

I decided to get up early today though as tomorrow I'll be packing to go away. I've been avoiding grazing for the past couple of weeks as every July/August I tend to be away and usually feel like embracing my sweet tooth cravings.

I'm down to my last drink and both the fridge and freezer are nearly empty. I was tempted to order something just for the drinks alone but I don't want to get back into unhealthy habits and would rather finish the contents of my fridge drinking a sickly sweet drink from Iceland.

I didn't even buy a cake which is always my birthday present to myself. I don't care about gifts but cake is a necessity however when I'm away I can see myself having a moist sponge cake.

I'm still avoiding going out as masks are mandatory now on buses and my ear allergy is going to flare up painfully wearing that and I won't be able to rip it off like I usually have to do with my glasses. 

Luckily I got to test out the mask and it wasn't as bad as I envisioned. No pain but a little stifling.

The reason I haven't posted for some time and may or may not post while I'm away is because I am more inspired than ever to write and finish book number one. 

Now that I have completed the cover and more or less know where I'm going with it. I don't think it will be long now, although I've said that before.

Excessive noise is driving me barmy due to motorbike revving and car horns/alarms beeping all night. Also the rapid weather changes have me cradling and then throwing off the covers, with the fan giving me a chill. 

I've now developed a bad cough that will not go away despite medicine and binaural beats videos.

The person I'm staying with is driving me crazy calling me corona-infectious. I got my own back by stating they gave it to me as I was healthy prior to visiting. 

I don't have a fever or loss of taste/smell so I think I'm fine just exceptionally cranky and cannot wait until next week when I'll be back to my own peaceful home.

Unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the relaxing break I envisioned and there is no silence wherein I could write or think so this may be the only post I write, although there is another in my drafts.

Staring out a blank new chapter page kills me but if I start it off and then go to sleep it is so much easier to carry on. Twenty eight chapters done and a few left should cover it nicely.

How do I then tell friends and family that it's finally complete? I'm not sure if non registered people can read Wattpad stories but I think they can. 

It was worth the sacrifice that I made of talking less and abstaining from more relaxing activities. I did really miss writing when I wasn't doing it and it fulfils me and to an extent heals me.

I'm so glad to be back home and have been trying out a new leave in conditioner and comparing it to my Cameleo kind, This Osmo dual action miracle repair is also supposed to be weightless but it isn't. 

I bought it from Justmylook.com which was a frustrating experience as Royal Mail wrote to say it was problematic and being recalled to the sender which I have never experienced before so I wasn't sure what was going on, until the customer service replied and said it was a mistake and would be arriving shortly. 

Not a positive first impression. However free delivery and a significant discount softened the blow. I like to use leave in conditioners on my dry and wet hair for a spruce up but because the Osmo is heavy, it makes already oily hair even more greasy. On my dry hair it gave a little volume and hydration but again not nearly enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D