Tuesday 29 September 2020

Hairy legs

That's what I used to get called at school by the boys as our uniform was a shirt/skirt and I wasn't allowed to shave yet. No amount of begging my case did any good so in the end I shrugged and accepted it.

I'm currently rocking two short pigtails either side. Actually truth be told. I can't carry it off so perhaps *rocking* is the wrong word :D 

Other adults can look sweet wearing short ponytails but I don't. However my hair is so short that it won't keep in a standard ponytail. 

Bits just keep getting loose and it looks messy. I don't know what I'm going to do with it tomorrow aside from set it in curlers and hope for the best.

During this lock down and just between you and me. Our lil secret. I haven't epilated my legs at all until today. The only reason I did it was because I'm going for a pedicure/eyebrow shape tomorrow and for once I would like to look smooth. 

I mean I didn't go over every single little hair but my legs do feel soft. I used to look at them thinking meh, noone can see them. However I forgot how feminine it makes me feel to have them hairless (mostly).

Here the weather isn't the best so if it's raining, I shall forgo it. Although I'm running low on contact lens supplies. I haven't even picked up my spare glasses plus I'm sick of the limit on brands online. I miss browsing in stores. 

Usually my acne scars are long gone by now, if that's what they were but these are lingering. It looks like someone tattooed the sides of my eyes with teardrops. Very peculiar shape. 

I'm going to try out some different conditioners and hope it hydrates my scalp. The Pantene is too thick for my liking. I need something thin but moisturising. 

In not keen on the Alberto Balsam range but it's readily available so I'll try their conditioner first. 

I was touch and go about the second season of this Turkish drama with the English subtitles I'm watching called Ramo as some of my fondest characters (Boz, Fatos) have departed and there was an intriguing love triangle present. Although that got quashed as the actors had to be written out. 

At first I wanted them replaced but then it would not have been the same so it's probably for the best they've been killed off. 

I got into it by loading up YouTube and randomly watching trailers. I watched a few Turkish films. Somebody also uploaded the whole box set of this Mexican drama Rubi. 

Hated the end but totally addicted to it. She was a spoilt conceited brat craving the finer things in life and hopelessly drawn to a poor newly appointed Doctor who was equally smitten but perplexed by her shallowness. 

I can understand wanting to be comfortable financially but personally if its a choice between a friend's (that I'm jealous of) wealthy powerful boyfriend and his single best friend who is penniless now but soon to be profitable and full of notoriety. I would pick the latter :D

I didn't realise how much I missed wearing makeup, especially lip gloss. Today as I was getting ready I was on autopilot. I wore a red flowy top and black trousers. 

I didn't have much time to style my hair so I just did a half up do and tied a second bobble at the bottom to keep the hair neat and then attached my hairband and clipped it in place with bobby pins.

Even though the beautician wipes off my makeup during the eyebrow shape, I just can't help applying it. I typically opt for a really dark mauve eyeshadow and sometimes sweep an arch in a lighter purple/pink shade. 

I had already applied my foundation and all that was left was my lippy. I put on the lip gloss and then remembered I would be wearing a frigging face mask, so promptly wiped it off with a sad pout.

I got my saline and found out there is a problem collecting my glasses. The beautful red shade I picked out is apparently too large and unsuitable so I have to make another appointment and pick out another variety, Ugh! I really liked that one. That will have to wait.

I'm not sure why my back had begun to stiffen up but I could barely straighten up. I was so sleepy that during my yawns I was automatically putting my hand over my mouth even though I'm wearing a suffocating mask. 

Breathing is definitely a challenge and I felt a little dizzy but it wasn't for long so I can bear it.

I mistakenly thought I was doing an alright job on maintaining the shape of my brows but oh my goodness. When she finished up, I was astounded. 

Damn I looked good. I had two brows, instead of one and they were perfection. They looked so good. Slight cringe at walking around for months with them looking atrocious but meh..

Next was the fabulous pedicure. Wow the place was empty and I suspect this was the reason for the VIP non rushed treatment, not that it is a poor experience usually but today was truly spectacular. 

Two leg massages, one with cream and another with a scrub. (Giggling) At times you are lucky to get one, let alone two! She really took her time with my tootsies and if you are wondering on the shade? Sorry it was just clear.

I'm really not into nail polish these days. My nails keep chipping anyway. I just like a natural look. Food wise I was craving some desert that my family always purchases so I enjoyed that coupled with a chicken salad panini. Yum.

I'm getting the rest of my beauty supplies another day as the tiredness took over. I need to give myself a massage with my cushion to loosen my muscles. 

I woke up at about five-ish and couldn't get back to sleep. I made the mistake of agreeing to update my laptop during the day and it took two hours, so I just napped and revived myself. 

If you are curious about the cost for the eyebrow shape and pedicure it was £31. The eyebrows are five or six pounds. I forget which.

I can't stop smiling. Go and get pampered. It will melt your troubles away and you will feel utterly rejuvenated :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D