Wednesday 27 September 2017

It is not moi.. It is you!

I've just had another penpal request come into my inbox that I have a feeling I have received before but this time I replied to it as I was in a generous mood. 

Telling him politely that I was satisfied with the penpals that I had and I wished him well in his search for the same.

I am really content only having females to correspond with and will update my advert if we part company to limit it to not having males. 

They know how to have full conversations and listen. They don't make me feel creeped out or that I am being flirted with. They also write fairly long emails and space them out so that I don't feel pressured to reply every day.

I can also have a difference of opinion from them and not feel like it will turn into a full blown argument which is wonderful because I can learn a different perspective and appreciate the thought that has gone into it.

Even if I still do not necessarily agree with it. None of them have crumbled and lost face with their convictions and just jumped onto my way of thinking. 

Officially I have two penpals but I do write to someone else as we bonded over the struggles of writing. She is very intelligent and sharp. Her words leap out from a page and hit you. 

I really admire her talent and the way her mind works. Plus she is really funny so it's an interesting mix of content in our back and forth exchanges. 

On the whole I think most people prefer snail mail and it is exciting to know a letter is due and I can curl up and read it in my leisure time. 

However the amount of information I cram into my replies would cause me problems so emailing is a gentler less personal solution but it works for me.

There are some nasty people in the world so if you are thinking of getting into this worthwhile hobby. Please take it slowly and let the trust build up first before you share anything too personal. 

I would still recommend it though. Just make your own ad and be honest about what you want and that way I am sure a few decent responses will come out of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D