Friday 8 May 2020

Cleaning procrastinator

I confess I still loathe cleaning and my steam cleaner although it has made a small difference. It does not save any time because you do a portion of a floor and it collects all the dirt and then to avoid smearing it all over again you have to turn it off and wait it for it to cool and then switch pads.

If there is an easy way to use it, I am not seeing it. It does give a deep clean but I usually have to run through two or three pads for that to happen first, plus refilling it with water and giving it time to heat up again and that gives me time to get distracted and not complete my chores. 

I find it difficult to motivate myself to clean but once I get going I power through unless the pain is really bad or time evaporates but usually I just make excuses not to do it and then feel disappointed with myself.

I'm trying to get better at this so I just created an upbeat cleaning playlist on youtube and that way I won't have to scroll through my songs to find energetic songs and use that as an excuse to forgo getting up to tidy. 

I'm also trying to go back to positive affirmations as that has definitely helped me in the past.

A tip that I found when randomly browsing was that you can put essential oils on the pads itself but not in the water tank to give a room that extra burst of freshness. I'm still using bleach wherever possible to keep it sanitized.

Lastly I am going to be more organised and schedule a regular date and time so that I can get into a routine. It is always so satisfying when everything is put away and I can look around at my home knowing it has been scrubbed vigorously. 

I'm not looking for perfection. I just want some order and a presentable space that I feel comfortable showing visitors into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D