I was looking for a deal because I think it's my first time with Morrisons.
All I saw was £5 off a £30 spend which is okish but not great, but having a further search, £15 off a £60 spend, is heaps better..
£60 sounds a lot but it's not really, by the time you get the householdy stuff and with the discount, you only pay £45, woop if it works.
At least I can stock up on saline for my contacts, plus lip balms and probably another mud mask.
Ah no mud masky, boo. I just placed it for Friday 12-4pm as it was cheaper, £4 I think, plus the only early slot available, for Friday/Saturday which is when I wanted to arrange it for.
The bill started off as £66.75 and then with the offers and £15 off and then went down to £53 or £55 maybe you don't get the delivery cost included..
Shouldn't it be £51? They did say something about an extra charge, for the first time to make sure it's covered, not sure if you get that back..
But hell, still saved a bit and they charge 30p for carrier bags, so that's fine with me.
Scratch that, the total was £68.10 with delivery and the bag costs.
Then they took off £15 to make it £53.10 but when paying it was £55 I think lol
The point is, overall I saved ha. Let's not overthink it and it's all confirmed with a text.
I forgot to get mouthwash and sushi but again, I'm trying to keep to a budget so I have to be careful.
They had these mini chicken pizzas that looked fun, nope out of stock.
The things I'm looking forward to trying are... Rana cheese and garlic gnocchi (stuffed mini dumplings) £3 for a 280g bag, I've never seen that flavour before.
Market Street veggie pakoras £3 for a 12x pack, they had 2 versions plus the chicken one, but these looked firmer and less like a soft onion bhaji, so we shall see...
I went mad and decided to try chilli cheese slices 2x £4.50 I think, so I also got mild cheddar, my favourite, to pair with the crackers.
The Mr Freeze original ice poles (longer lollies) was out of stock when I checked out so got the sour version, which will be interesting..
I'll go through what I liked in subsequent posts, the other main thing, was the array of Ryvita cracker flavours, wow...
I can't even remember what was on sale but at least I have a ton of snacks to munch and new meals to try.
I don't know where my appetite is, both not hungry and starving at the same time.
Talking of which it's nearly 1pm. I have to take off the heating and have the leftovers.
I wonder if I'll get a narrowed down slot from 4hrs. Will the driver be helpful?
Will it actually be bagged? Will they find my location without calling me outside?
Can it be tracked? Will they give text/email updates, ha, so many questions!!
Oh that's cool, Morrison just emailed (Thursday) and said 12pmish - 1pmish the shopping is due.
I don't think it's tracked but from 4 hours to 1 hour, pretty good. Iceland gives a 2 hour window in comparison.
This morning (today) got a text to say it's due from 12pm til 4pm... What??
So the time is really wishy washy on the saver slot. They said check the website..
That gave me a different time estimate and out for delivery. Now the prediction is 11.41am - 12.41pm..
You gotta be flexible at home for these every changing slot times..
What if I forgot to check and still assumed 12pmish? Anyway what also changed was the bag fee, 10p each and they upped it to 50p for 5 bags.
The total now is £53.30. Oh yea, apart from when I tried to checkout and it said, this and that were out of stock..
There are no substitutions today, unusual. Ha at 12.05pm, it changed to 12.12 - 12.22pm.
I don't feel hungry, just curious. As it's the weekend, every neighbour seems to be opening car doors.
Ar 12.12pm, changed to We're here. Ah and they were. Very cool, very friendly and helpful driver, handed me the bags.
He found my location, no issue and considering they say, no live tracking, I did keep refreshing the page but it did update.
It didn't say, Oh there's X about of customers ahead, but it did narrow the time and that was damn accurate.
The situation is they are part of Ocado who is bagged but if it comes direct from the local Morrison, it won't be.
The driver said, I can hand over the bags to the next delivery driver if I choose and get 10p back, but I like them for bins.
The downside, very flimsy, non sturdy plastic bags, but still handy.
Now to unpack and double check... Yes everything on the list was there.
I saved on the cheese, Victoria sponge cake, lemon loaf cake (one of my favourites)..
Hula hoops crisps, Nature Valley cereal bars and I think there was more overall savings, compared to Iceland, so I'm happy for a smoother, less body aggravating experience.
I'm too tired to take out the bins. When I actually get trying the food, then I can do foodie reviews next week.
Apologies for no post yesterday, but I wanted to save this one for today to get the whole experience of it, fresh.
There is definitely a lot of food and snacks to last a while, well depending on the appetite increase/decrease...
I don't know if I'll go back to Iceland for the next shop. I forgot to mention, damnit, I've already forgotten..
Ahh interesting the email receipt mentions the use by date for each item, clever information..
Phew I remembered now. I think when I entered that code Newhere15..
It mentioned something about discounts on the next orders too, but Morrison hasn't mentioned anything so I don't know if that's true.
I have to go where the discounts are, to balance my budget.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D