Tuesday 8 December 2020

Writing on hold?!

Ugh I really don't need anymore expenses but for the past two days my internet has been crashing every few minutes. 

If I am lucky, I get an hours usage but it is taking three times as long to do anything. 

I rang up customer services and the first thing they did was try to fob me off with a text service to test the line and other issues. All I had to was text reply.

Only as it turns out there was a premium surcharge, so I called back up and spoke to a human who was obsessed with my broadband speed?

What does that have to do with anything. I cannot connect to the blooming internet. I don't care how fast or slow it is. Actually it is adequate.

After about an hour of restarting and resetting the router and having no luck he suggested a possible £85 Engineer callout. Grr. 

After he disconnected for the third time. I reset the router again and finally I was back online for about an hour before it crashed.

I was tempted to cancel the appointment but what if it keeps happening and the next callout isn't until after Christmas? As much as I hate the idea, I might as well keep it.

Thursday morning from 8-1pm. I have been switching from my data allowance to wifi. Luckily I haven't used my 1gb data up yet.

I know I have to renew my broadband and landline bundle deal and my phone contract is ending in March but having checked the website..

It says I am eligible for an early upgrade. My hands would thank me if I got a small phone but there is not much choice available.

I really want a reliable Samsung. I was reading and unfortunately I think they are getting rid of the LED notifications. Why? 

It is so useful. I don't know why mobiles are getting ludicrously bigger again. It puts such a strain on my hands but I guess except for gaming and texting I could start using the loudspeaker more.

I've never gone for the latest phone before but the Samsung S20 has the cutest red shade. Although typical it is not available on upgrade just sim free. Grr.

It would cost me £50 and I could get blue but the size is 6.5 inches. Yikes. My current G6 Play is only 5.7" and it really big and heavy.

I wonder if I could sweet talk a deal into paying nothing at all and getting a free handset? Cheese and crackers. The Samsung A71 is even bigger at 6.7 inches.

What is wrong with these phone manufacturers?? After missing yet another call. I was fed up and called BT Mobile for a casual chat and spoke to the loveliest assistant.

You can tell the difference between someone doing a hard sell who doesn't care about customers and someone who genuinely enjoys their work and wants to help.

She asked what my needs were and took me through several options and brands and even though I chided her for having boring colours..

She helped me decide on the Samsung A41 in tedious black. It is 6.1 inches but it is also lighter. Sadly the free case offer has ended :(

Oh it was released this year. I assumed it was old because there are so many versions released. My overall costs are lowered.

The funny thing is I didn't even have to negotiate at all. She just kept offering me perks. I'll get the handset probably by Thursday, unless they get lost again and visit the wrong place.

The data is either 3gb or 6gb. I'm not quite sure. I have Halo now and unlimited wifi anyway. My allowance used to be 1gb because I only needed it when I was out and about or for the times when I have no wifi.

I'm still confused about whether to cancel the Engineer. It is 7.05pm and the broadband has been good for at least an hour. I will probably just watch it for the rest of the evening to see if it is steady from now on.

Please be a good quality mobile phone and I hope the calls stop dropping and the sound works. I hope the battery life is great too. 

Plus I wonder if it has notification lights and will it drain the battery to have whatever activated? As long as I can visually see something when the display is off without having to turn it on and check.

At this point anything has to be better than the Motorola with no sound or vibration, dropping calls, dropping wifi and crashing apps.

I really hate faffing around trying to get the sim the right way and the memory card inserted. It's only got 64gb of internal storage. I wonder if that will be enough with Samsung's bloatware? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D