Thursday 10 December 2020

My Samsung A41 baby :D Update

I was fretting so much that the courier today who arrived promptly at 1pmish after the text/email hour window was going to refuse to hand over the phone.

Now they have this new photo identification thingy. Passport or driving licence required. I don't drive and my passport is years out of date because I can't travel.

Luckily though he just glanced at it and nodded and I had my new baby in my hands. I haven't had a Samsung phone in years because of the appalling battery life.

I hope it's improved. This A41 has a 3500mah battery capacity and the G6 Play had a 4000mah battery. As usual putting the fiddly sim and memory card into the tiny tray was a pain but I managed it.

I was surprised there was no music player but I remember I've been using Dub for ages now as you can increase the speed and when I'm outdoors lacking energy. I need something up tempo.

Spotify and Netflix were also installed. I get 6 months free of something but I can't remember what. It's probably BT Sport which I don't watch and it was 6gb of data I get with the Halo deal.

Still the same unlimited broadband/wifi, minutes and texts. It kept saying it could copy over most of my information and downloads but that wasn't the case.

I had to manually add numbers to the phonebook but at least this time I could have the option to save them on the sim card. I had to download my apps and games.

The updates didn't take that long. It did it twice. I've got Android 10 and supposed to get 11 next year I think. I had version 9 on the old phone.

I'm so relieved it is lightweight. The other phones, one is even smaller but heavier and this is the biggest being 6.1 inches yet weighs less, thank goodness.

I haven't got a red case yet. Saw a few deals on Ebay. I'm not going to pay a fortune. I will just get those rubbery cases that are not too heavy.

I like that it has it's own note app. Hopefully it has auto save and I didn't realise that instead of signing up to samsung I could just use google instead.

I already put some Christmassy wallpapers on. I must have fast charging because it seems to be a bigger cable. I tried using my regular charger and it wouldn't fit.

It is lightning quick. I think in just under an hour it was fully charged. It had about 30% battery life at the start but after the downloads and customisations it depleted.

I didn't have any trouble pairing my bluetooth headphones. The mobile data also seems to be working fine although I didn't test it for long.

I'm really not keen on the settings menu being at the bottom in the Samsung browser and not on the top at the side but I guess I'll used to it unless I make Adblock my primary web application.

I haven't seen any lags. I'll test it tonight when I'm half asleep. At least it'll be comfortable to hold. It's very illuminated on the lowest setting but maybe being on adaptive brightness helps.

No issues with calls and texts. Very clear and straightforward. I deleted all the bloatware I could and now have 46gb available from the 64gb of internal storage.

The Edge Lighting notification is disappointing. I thought it would be more prominent. Eye catching to quickly alert to messages or calls.

Just seems very modest and barely noticeable. I got to experiment with the gaming and videos and then I'll really see if the battery performance has improved.

I'll update later on at some point. It's now the afternoon and last night I was watching a movie and doing some internet surfing. I didn't game as I was too tired.

The battery is now 61% after making calls. It is very sensitive to knocks and I don't know why the location keeps turning itself on. 

I saw the Edge Lighting on full screen with no applications open for the first time and it is indeed bad. Not something that would make me take notice at all.

Oh another thing I realised. I think they turned a stand alone music player into Youtube Music. I don't really understand how it is supposed to play my mp3s as nothing comes up.

I downloaded Dub Player anyway. It was too confusing. I'm probably missing a setting and actually I would prefer the original Youtube application as that gives me notifications.

So far I am happy with my choice. I just cringe at some things. Why did Samsung just change my Google email address??? The Samsung keyboard is way too high it takes over the screen and I can't reduce it.

I'm trying it out though as SwiftKey with it's auto correct doesn't always work well. It does seem to fix my typing errors. I'm going to stick with Samsung for a bit.

I don't use pin codes or the finger print scanners as I want quick access and my phone is never left unattended unless I'm with family or friends and they know not to just pick up my phone without asking first.

I don't know what they call it but the front dip thingy doesn't bother me at all. I was too sleepy last night but today I realised. When gaming or watching films..

It disappears so you get the full screen experience. I think that is clever. I'm glad they did it that way. My favourite things are the brightness and the weight.

For other phones I would have to make the screen a highly illuminated which would kill the battery quickly, with this one I set it a fraction and it is crystal clear.

The reason I'm obsessed about the weight is because my hands and the rest of me suffer from chronic pain. It is not even from doing strenuous activities.

It is literally from anything. Just typing now. I feel painful twinges. The phone is so comfortable in my hands and it doesn't feel enormous. The phones lasts a day and that's perfect for me.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D