Saturday 26 December 2020

Dim and grim, phone death?

I woke up to a frightening sight. My brand new Samsung baby was alarmingly dead. I thought this was unusual because it normally has about 50% battery remaining. 

I thought maybe I had set the dimmer too aggressively to avoid eye strain but the screen wouldn't turn on at all. 

I plugged it into the fast charger cable and it showed 40% so I took it off and the screen wouldn't wake at all.

I was trying to peer and tap randomly to disable the screen dimmer but i couldn't see anything at all. 

I looked up how to force a reboot and I had to press down the power and volume down key simultaneously. 

Finally my phone turned on and then within a few seconds blacked out. I didn't see the screen dimmer notification that it was even on.

I turned the brightness as high as I could but it quickly disabled itself, fading and then turned off. I pressed random buttons and even called myself but nothing worked.

The phone was definitely on but the display was off. I know this because when I called myself it rang and didn't say the phone was off.

I started googling for answers and read things about damaged screens but mine was in perfect health. I saw a few Youtube videos and the last one helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMwX48inS7o

The display was normal in safe mode but in regular I only had a couple of seconds to try different things to fix it. 

When I went through the steps in the video it seemed to give me extra time and then the dimmer application came up and was 95% eek.

Turned it off and wowser, all better again. I hope you're all managing to find some way to enjoy the holidays. My insomnia is back so sleeping is a challenge.

My tip to avoid this nightmare in the future is download a dimmer application which will let you automatically turn itself off at sometime in the morning.

Even if you make the same mistake and set it too low, at least by the morning it will turn itself off and you will have your display present :)

That's what I have done now and can breathe easy.

Presents wise. I got giftcards, credit, body butter, perfume, contact lens stuff and makeup brushes. I knew mum would love the perfumed lotion and wash.

They smell amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D