Overall Asda and Iceland remain my favourites for the food quality.
Trying different supermarkets opened me up to foods I hadn't tried before, that was a lot of fun.
I just realised though, I think they all charge for delivery and that's minus the discounts but Iceland doesn't.
I just have to spend £40 so I'll be sticking with Iceland, until I need contact lens or beauty stuff or something else, I can't get.
I needed a lot of householdy things, so did a basic shop and I didn't want peanut butter or chocolate spread or cheese for the sandwiches, so I thought is this too weird...?
Apple sauce and a biscuit spread or maybe each on their own? I mean why not?
If I hate it, there's salmon spread, baked beans, turkey rashers or eggs.
I need variety, otherwise I'll get sick of the same ol same ol.
I feel like everyone has cleaned out the lolly section in Iceland as there was hardly anything available.
I could have picked the almond majestic but nope I got the Calypo lemon and orange.
I don't know if I need lollies, it's a mix of cool and warm now.
I keep being tempted by jam and marmalade, but it's so sickly sweet. I wish it wasn't.
The other option was tinned fruit but I didn't bother. I'm craving fruit juice but it will have to be fruit lollies instead.
I have just tried out Colman's apple sauce 155ml for £1.80 ouch, I didn't look at the size.
I assumed it was large akin to the picture but it's baby sized.
It's not too sweet but nice and tasty, soft but not too runny, small chunks of apple, it's perfect, just should be a lot larger.
Then I grabbed Nutini's 300g for a £1 (much better value) biscuit spread and toasted my wholemeal bread, a lil too aggressively oops..
and spread them each on one side. The biscuit spread just smells like digestive biscuits..
It was delicious. To be honest, I need to be heavy handed with the biscuit spread, it didn't taste of much, the apple flavour took over.
But I think the blend of the two was magical. I need to refrigerate the apple sauce and the biscuit spread is fine in the cupboard.
What do we call it? Saucy appiscuit? Saucy biscapple? I'm glad I bought it. It's a relief it works.
It doesn't taste like a mouthful of sugar. Maybe it's a lil healthier..
Today is a Bank Holiday so I wasn't sure whether or not to post or just relax.
I've been mostly sleeping well and I think I'll start using the heated blankie in the mornings to fast track the healing.
It's not sharp pain as such, it's dull but it's creeping toward a bad strain, where I could be totally immobile and on bed rest and that's what scares me.
I just had a nice breakfast at 2pmish. I didn't feel hungry before.
I just decided to do some eggs, turkey rashers, do some toast, spread some salmon paste, as I don't have butter and put it all together..
Oof I am so glad I only did one sandwich. I am stuffed, it was great.
Because I haven't done eggs in the panini press, I forgot how messy it is.
I usually line it with butter or the dry oil cooking spray and I forgot.
Today I remembered but still the butter spray is awful, it barely coats it, maybe the sunflower was my favourite.
Anyway Googly had a tip. When you unplug the press, get a warm kitchen towel and place it on there, close the lid and leave it for a few minutes..
It sorta worked and I had to gently scrape the rest. Today I think the rest of the dirt will come loose and it will be properly clean.
Let's go check. I used cold water because my hot tap is really stiff and I can't turn it much, just a drip comes out..
When the boiler maintenance people come, I might ask if they can loosen it, it didn't seem that bad before...
Yea it did the trick, it's almost spotless but it has a lot of wear and tear the lid handle is damaged so to shut it tightly I just rest tins on top and it's fine.
I've been cramping, bloated and a lil nauseated but still no monthly.
I guess this month it is skipping or maybe at midnight..
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D