But I think people have become lazy communicators, especially if a question is asked or something important is said and the only response is a shiny meaningless gif...
What am I talking to a brick wall or a 2 year old? How hard is it, just to type a response?
It would be so much more impactful if you just took the time to reply earnestly..
Akin too.. I hear what you are saying. I'm listening... That's a tough situation..
Instead though, a gif pops up and it's a slap in the face because I see it as....
I'm not listening to you. I'm not engaging. You're not important enough to have a conversation with, consider yourself rejected.
I do get that, sometimes we are at a loss for words and don't want to say the wrong thing, to make it worse..
Surely though, something has to be better than nothing.
If that behaviour is repeated, it stops me reaching out and wanting to spend time with you because it feels dismissive and disrespectful.
Has anyone seen Jewish Matchmaker? I think it's 3 years old, somebody on Reddit recommended it..
I don't mind the host, she's actually approachable and friendly, without being obnoxious.
It's a bit religiousy but that stands to reason. Umm only 200 successful pairings? I wouldn't be bragging about that, that's really low..
Wow some eye watering egos, but that's to be expected, less drama, more realistic than something like Married At First Sight..
It's interesting, not sure I've seen anyone I'm rooting for yet. One lil wrong move seems to put them off.
Again more looks based, than personality. Oh the other weird thing, which is not going to help..
Is people flying in from abroad for dates? Who on earth is going to have a long distance relationship in this day and age, having just met??
The other thing, I had never seen before, maybe because I haven't dated in yonks am not a picture girl...
Is one of the females blurted out.. Oh do you want my instagram? On a first date..
I just thought that was odd. Is it a judge me by my pictures? I look amazing 24-7?
Or is it like, an alternative to texting, because maybe there's a chat component to Instagram?
I've never used it, it's not my thing but again, it's looks based, rather than....
Hey let's talk, get to know each other slowly, see if we are compatible...
It came across as shallow. Look at me, fawn all over me.... Comment, like etc..
I could be wrong, she just seemed to get excited when he did that.
Maybe I'm too old fashioned for this world where, getting a deeper connection is romantic..
They really really think they are all good looking. No wonder you all you need a matchmaker and probably a reality check..
Looks fade people!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D