Sunday 1 November 2020

Sweet blunder

I was supposed to get my Tesco groceries order yesterday but they let me down so today Iceland texted to say they were running late.

It was a 4pm-6pm order and I don't usually like the late slots but I was lucky to get anything on short notice. 

I had initial panic that they wouldn't show but they have never let me down before and true enough about 6.30pm the friendly driver showed up and I began unpacking..

Now here is where it gets interesting. Over half of it wasn't what I ordered. I just double checked to see that I have received all of my original items and luckily I had bar the items out of stock. My lovely wholemeal rolls.

I spotted about 6x 2 litre bottles of drink, lemon and a fruit medley. Dove soap. Sugar. Fruit smoothies. A carton of orange juice (sorely needed as it helps with pmt). Baguettes. Chicken sandwich filler.

Also everything to break my diet that I have been so good at keeping from July/August.

Viscount biscuits, ginger nuts, twirl chocolate, viennese swirl biscuits.

It is cheeky to say, this shopper has really fabulous taste? I would purchase these types of things. I'm not going to toss them in the bin as that is wasteful.

I will just enjoy it after all the pmt/grocery stress I have endured. I feel bad for the other person because I know what it's like to have half your shopping missing but I've also had lots of other peoples shopping too.

I am claiming complete innocence. It's not my job to double check I have the right goodies and the drivers scarper off immediately anyway.

Sorry intended purchaser of my sweet treasure bounty. I promise I will savour each bite....Yummmm :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D