Saturday 31 October 2020

Chrome OS

Today has been absolutely crazy. I was tracking both the Chromebook package and my perfume and the laptop seemed like it wasn't going to be delivered today as the 2pm deadline was approaching for Saturday parcels.

At something like 1.40pm it showed up though. I'm really grateful and happy it did. However there will be so much more to get used than using Windows.

I didn't even notice it didn't have mousepad buttons and figuring out that you have to hold the *Alt* key and then tap is the alternative to right clicking.

Also the *Caps lock* button was nowhere to be found until I was messing around with the settings. 

I just have to convert *search* into any option I wanted.

Regretfully Microsoft Edge and Firefox are not running on the Chromebook. 

For Firefox, you can download it from the Playstore. However it seems to be an awful mobile version and not the real thing.

I don't even know how to get my Firefox/Edge bookmarks onto Chrome. 

For now I will just use that browser as it is already set up. I will just manually add my important sites directly on to the toolbar.

The brightness is fantastic on the display as is the sound so I was worrying for nothing. 

The scrolling and mousepad is very jerky and laggy. I will have to play around with the settings. 

I didn't really twig before but scrollbars are automatically set to hidden until you wave the mouse around which is incredibly frustrating and slows my progress.

I can't find a fix. Disable *overlay scrollbars* was it but it is no longer available to deselect grrr. No wonder everything is taking twice as long. Chromebook is so damn backwards in terms of modernisation and personalising.

The battery is draining suspiciously quickly so again I will have to investigate why. 

When you download something, you gotta search high and low for it, instead of it being readily available.

I had no issues with the bluetooth or wifi once they were setup, maybe because it is so light, it looks deceptively small for a 15.6" screen. I thought for a minute they sent me a netbook eek!!

There doesn't seem to be a calendar present. I'm so used to clicking on the time and seeing the month view and there isn't any. I finally just had to download one from Google PlayStore.

I have a dilemma having duplicate Twitter/Facebook profiles. Do I delete the barely used old ones or do I keep them? 

I suppose what I could do is on the Chromebook use the ones associated with the blog and then on my phones, use the real ones?

I have such bad cramps at the moment. Tesco cancelled yet another order tonight and I only used them to get my damn eyecare! 

I am writing them off, being stranded without groceries is no fun!

Luckily Iceland as per usual came to my rescue and they had a slot free for tomorrow afternoon.

A huge hug and thank you to all the lovely people that have subscribed to the blog. I was wondering if I would get any and if I did would the visitors dry up? 

However neither of that happened and I'm really happy and relieved.

You've made my day and now I am going to relax. I will probably post the Ramo commentary tomorrow. 

I just cannot manage it. I want to crash out early and get rid of these horrible cramps.

I haven't even watched the new episode. I normally write and watch so that I don't leave anything out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D