Sunday 26 July 2020

Greying

For the last couple of years I have seen grey hairs sprouting up randomly on my scalp. Not clustered together just the odd one here and there. When I was younger I figured I would use a natural henna dye to cover them up but now that they are actually here I am rethinking it.

Before I used a non chemical henna shampoo that naturally tinted my hair and left it in the most wonderful conditioned state. There was never any need for the conditioner becase the shampoo was that good solo. They had black, brown and purple and I always experimented with the purple because I loved it. Nobody else did but I thought it was so different so I was happy.

I'm not even sure if it would have blended out the grey hairs. I was snipping them off with scissors but now I've left the stragglers else I feel like I will have no hair left. I don't feel as self conscious as I did because we all age even if it is prematurely. Unfortunately I can't remember the brand of shampoo that it was and other substitutes have not faired well, unless they changed the formula drastically and it stopped tinting.

I went back to the retailer I originally bought it from and he said they were out of stock but getting some, however the price was.........different. I used to pay a pound for a huge 250ml/300ml bottle which lasted me a good month or just under because I didn't need much. When I enquired about the price hike he said it was now £13 I said you can keep it.

How the hell do you go from a reasonable price to extortionate? I could have understood if it had changed to maybe £4/£5 and I would have still complained but probably would have bought it every couple of months because my hair needs the hydration plus the colour boost but there is no way I am paying that much for something cosmetic that may or may not even work.

The state of my hair has gone from thick to thin with patches of scarcity all from heat and chemicals so I am reluctant to damage it any further. I will keep looking but it is of low importance to me at the moment.

At least the last of my hair accessories arrived and now I have a wide hairband that I can clip in place to cover up the thinness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D