Tuesday 20 July 2021

#BlogLife100 - From dark to milk chocolate

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xG-IY-DR1AnepTPKra9KAeofzRTT7VG5/view?usp=sharing

If you are wondering what the above link is.. I decided to do something unique for the 100th #BlogLife post. I had to mark the occasion some way right?

I thought I would record a personal greeting in my own voice and I am hoping the link works. It is only short and I may have mumbled.

It was take two and the first time I froze. Then I figured how to wing it and I recorded it. my voice sounds different to how awful it sounded yonks ago when I listened to it.

It's optional of course, don't feel obligated. It's not a download just a link to play it hopefully. A way to give back and connect on a new level.

I used to cringe when people said send a voice clip. I don't know why but it just seemed like a big deal, something daunting instead of a routine occurrence.

Now something potentially controversial for this post. It was something I was thinking about for a while but wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about it.

When I started with puberty I had really bad skin and no matter what I did, nothing improved it. 

I asked friends and family what they used and everyone said nothing much, shrugging as though they had naturally flawless skin.

A family friend offering me a free sample of a cream targeted at problem skin caught my attention, her friend sold beauty supplies and she warned me that it might lighten my skin but I was beyond sceptical.

I used it and just inwardly hoped it would improve all my scars, dry patches and severe constant breakouts. I took it with a pinch of salt, it was a natural cream that ended up taking off a shade of my dark chocolate skin tone.

Plus it also cleared my face so that I looked like a regular teenager and could wear makeup again without my face suffocating.

My family had much fairer skin than mine and I thought it was strange but meh. 

I just wanted to be more confident about my appearance, when she told me the price for the cream, I found a workaround to even my body out and then I stopped using it.

It was only when discussing it with my GP way back when, that she suggested I try going on the pill, dianette and although I was hesitant.. 

I tried it out and it worked perfectly. Though she was always reluctant to renew my prescription. 

When I shared how this pill changed my whole look, everyone said Oh yea, it is great isn't it?

I wanted to scream, yea you were using it all this time and none of you said a damn thing to me. 

Just kept it to yourself when I was desperate to find a fix and feel better about myself.

Afterwards I discovered perfectil supplements which were great for my nails, skin and hair but too pricey and then finally my face brush which was economical.

Now my face is mostly flawless. I just did a long face mask and I checked myself out in the mirror and it looked so revived and healthy.

My shade never reverted back and people say how much me and my mama look alike. 

When I went to renew my passport having stopped wearing glasses and switched to contacts lenses..

The guy at the Post Office scoffed and said I wouldn't bother try to renew your passport with this picture. 

You look too different but I argued my case and thought my eyes always look the same.

It's definitely me and I got it renewed without any quibble whatsoever. 

I am having fun at mama's but I am homesick and sad that the charger didn't turn up today :( I rang up Royal Mail only to be told that the usb cable hasn't even been posted to them yet and I should expect to wait another couple of days.

Arghhhh! I am fuming, the times when I am trying to save a bit, I am just endlessly spending £2.44 on the Ebay version and now to gurantee I receive it tomorrow....

As the seller lied his ass off!! I had to resort to Amazon, took out a £1 trial and have paid an additional £4.59!! Yippee! Yet more expenses for me.

Actually just got a refund from somewhere so I got it all back :)

How do I do it? At least I am guaranteed from the Amazon side to get it by 1pm. Another day and I would have screamed blue murder and I do mean blue!!!!!

Ebay sellers and their lies!! He got back to me carefully choosing his words and continuing to lie his ass off without apologising and admitting fault.

Said he posted it on Saturday and did me a favour by posting it early. Oh screw you. You had the whole of Saturday, the whole of Monday to post it and you've done neither.

Idiot!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D