Tuesday 27 July 2021

#BlogLife104 - Embracing my hair's age

As I was lounging and drying my hair, I was thinking about what to talk about. I was putting away my clothes that had dried, wrapping up a call and then I was looking in the mirror to see if all of my hair was dry.

Before I showered/bathed I trimmed 2/3 inches off. I was supposed to do it at mama's but I completely forgot. I avoided snipping her hair in case I messed it up but actually it was easy.

Her hair looked thicker and a sunny rainbow of colours. Yellowy, red, brunette and black. She's been obsessed with covering her greys for ages.

However I know all that colouring has also drastically thinned her hair. I was looking at my own scalp and reminiscing about when I was younger and how thick, long and utterly boring it was.

Yes it was healthy, yes there was an abundance of it but it was so dull, no matter how I tried to layer, perm, colour and style it. It was just so ordinary.

I did try going to stylists and saying I have seen this inspirational cut, can you recreate it? All of them nodded and none of them were talented enough to follow through.

It seemed like back then I only cut my hair a few times a year and each time I did, they hacked off an unflattering amount. 5/6 inches worth and I was back to square one, regrowing it.

Nowadays, well for a while now. I try to cut it at least monthly or even every other month at the very least. I take off the same amount, 2/3 inches but this time it is as though, my hair was never cut because there is so much more length remaining.

I'm happy that I have options now. My hair never used to curl at all and now I can have it wavy or straight. I do possess grey hairs at the front of my head and my scalp is slightly visible but so be it.

I'm not a celebrity. I'm just an ordinary woman that is ageing naturally therefore I am not going to dye it. If I ever see the amazing henna shampoo again, I would try it though.

It's funny how people in the media, makes these rules up so much so that others believe them. If you're voluptuous, you can't pull off thin brows or have a short hairdo....

Newsflash I can do both and still look adorably chic. I am making my own rules so don't waste your time dictating about what is best for me or my body.

I got it handled :)

Before I forget, my elbows have healed up, the rest from not lounging on them worked. I lavished them with body butter and they are cured.

Also for the first time I tried out Burt's Bees lip balm and my lips have stopped chapping. I always heard good things but I never tried it before. I recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D