Wednesday 15 June 2022

#BlogLife290 - Don't only focus on him/her/this that..

The highlight of my day was absent mindedly making my bed and realising too late, the earbud case was perched on the edge.

When I lifted the duvet to fold it over, to my horror it then catapulted right over the bed.... I scrambled to get it, and it didn't looked cracked.

Hopefully it still works but it made me laugh. My own blooper. I'll test it later, pleading there are no side effects.

As I'm struggling myself and maybe you are in the same boat or eventually you will be, I thought we could help each other.

It just took me ages to get started today. I had calls to make, bills to pay, headphones/phones/fans to charge.

Things that I had been putting off and forgetting which is not exactly like me. I feel I have improved from the procrastinator I was prior.

Though cleaning, I will always drag my feet on. Yesterday I wanted to pop into the international store but I really felt too fragile to do anything much.

Just remember how good it feels to accomplish your daily tasks. Afterwards I felt so relieved that I was back to being responsible and focused again.

It felt great. Turning the lollygagging around and concentrating on my duties. It's fine to take an occasional break but don't just get lost in it.

Think about how fulfilled you'll be, when everything or most of it at least is accomplished.

Otherwise guilt and self loathing might come up that you've wasted the day instead of being productive and using your brain to be the brilliant person that you are.

I find instead of music, non talking asmr helps me with this. It's not trying to derail me, it's assisting me to get on and achieve my goals.

I guess another tip would be instead of leaving your phone on and checking it every five minutes for notifications....

We all do that, not just you ha. Just switch it off and immerse yourself in the duty at hand. You might even forget about it entirely for a few hours.

Then when you're done and grab it, you'll feel as though, you truly earned a break and can catch up, with a clear conscience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D