Friday 24 June 2022

#BlogLife297 - The soft egg debate

I was randomly talking to someone and of course the topic of food was broached. I can't remember by who, but it was probably me.

I was saying I prefer crispy fried eggs as opposed to the other versions. There is scrambled, poached, boiled, benedict etc.

I won't list them all as I would probably forget some. I don't even know what some of them mean. Too much googling.

He prefers scrambled on toast with mushrooms which is not appealing. I don't mind scrambled but I draw the line at mushrooms, not a huge fan.

Having tried eggs with avocados I would definitely add that to the mix instead or maybe turkey bacon or possibly fruit.

I do have a weakness for berries in particular, they are not dry or bitter but full of interesting flavours, unless they aren't fresh.

I might not even have toast, maybe a hearty bagel or a croissant or half a baguette. I guess it would depend on how famished I was at what time of the day it happened to be.

When I was lil, we did have a mixture but I remember most prominently we all had soft boiled eggs with cut up strips of toast soldiers.

I think it tended to be a plateful of maybe sausages, beans. I hate to confess but before I knew what it was...... Black pudding too.

Good gravy my taste buds must have been dead back then. Anyway it was also fun dipping into the egg held in a cute lil egg cup.

I don't even think I was that keen on eating it afterwards, just enjoyed the dousing, which always ended too soon for my liking.

I'm curious about who would be on my side..... Team fried and who would be on his side? Team scrambled? Boo hiss, inferior team. Grins..

I'll leave you with a new favourite pun....

I'm eggs-hausted :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D