Thursday 23 June 2022

#BlogLife296 - Let me read your blog....

"Oh you're a blogger? Wow that sounds fun and easy, give me the link then so I can check you out??"

Would you be flattered by that request or uneasy like me? I've been blogging for what seems like forever but still whenever I hear that query I cringe.

Particularly if it's from a male as they tend to be extremely critical and judgemental.

I don't mind them seeing a selective few, personally chosen, random posts but not something deep and meaningful straight away without any context behind it.

I don't want a zillion questions fired at me. Why did you say that? Don't you think you're overreacting?

Why so moody? Can you not just move past that? I don't understand your point of view, can you elaborate?

Ughhhh. No no no no!! They want too much, too soon and I am not having it!

It should be a gentle pace not a frigging high speed race, where they immediately presume they know me intimately.

I'm not at all comfortable with that. I would make an exception if it wasn't such a personal blog.

After I said No. One guy said......Why not, you should be promoting it, not hiding it.

Pah like I would fall for something manipulative like that. He was obsessed with wanting to read it.

I just explained I do promote it, just not on that medium. I suppose you need a thick skin about exposing yourself to others.

That's understandable. I just don't tolerate the assumptions, that some make straight away.

They don't read something and say....Does this mean...? Blah blah..

They say. Oh you always felt like that because.... No I don't like that at all.

You don't know me from one bloody post. Read the whole blog and then you can have a lil insight about me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D