Monday 13 June 2022

#BlogLife288 - Blinking or flirting with me? Update

The door has been going nonstop today, deliveries and more packages. I had Iceland, 1 private, 1 ebay parcel my drops and a Greggs sandwich order.

I've never heard of the brand SuperEyes but the reviews across the board were positive and my eyes with the hard lenses are very dry and itchy at the moment so I needed some comfort.

I know you are not supposed to rub the eyes but I do it to clear away the grit, the itch and because it is sooo satisfying.

I wasn't sure if you could wear these with contact lenses. I always have to check the label, otherwise I would have to hold off from inserting the lenses for up to an hour or so.

Not all drops are allowed, with rgp lenses you have to be extra careful. I did google it though and the box did say contact lenses friendly.

Luckily I can wear them while I already have the lenses in. It's a 15ml bottle and a lil drop comes out but I prefer that, it's less waste.

I never have great aim, these seem to mostly go straight in my eyes though and felt cool and refreshing. I had this sense of immediate hydration.

Although I have to admit, they did burn slightly because my eyes were probably raw at that stage. I've learn't for me, that the best time to put drops in, is the mornings.

Mostly your eyes shouldn't be that red, irritable and barren at that stage so less likely to be sensitive. The worse shape that your eyes are in, is the more pain you will feel, applying the drops.

I don't know why that is, as something designed to soothe but that was confirmed by the optometrist. However today wasn't that bad and it was still fairly early.

Good heavens at night time, my eyes just feel completely inflamed. The computer, the lenses and also the humidity at times.

I no longer wanted to itch and it went back to feeling as though I don't have lenses on, which is the way it used to seem.

The price will vary, Savers apparently has them at £1 but I bought them from ebay for £2.50 with free postage.

This one was just for Tired Eyes, I have seen different versions though and they were pricier on Ebay, not sure if they are the same amount in Savers..

I used to buy a lot of drops, well mainly I got them free actually from the hospital or optometrists but now I'm not visiting them anymore, I have to buy my own but I forget to use it and it expires.

I can see myself using these up daily or even multiple times a day because it's useful to feel invigorated, especially if I'm writing and have to stop the creativity midway through due to the burning.

I do recommend them, much cheaper than the alternatives out there, a bigger bottle and better value as it will last longer.

**Additional notes**

I just wanted to add that, these will not clear up fogged over lenses. I tried and it had no effect.

If you want to do that, remove your lenses, re-clean them and insert them back and that is the best way to fix it.

I would avoid purchasing them if your eyes tend to be on the delicate side as the sting can be vicious.

I made that mistake and it was burning for a while and it was really unpleasant.

It's fine if your eyes are normal and they do soak the eyes nicely but they are very thin drops and will not be suitable for everyone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D