Monday 19 December 2022

#BlogLife420 - Beat the clock with Ocado Zoom?

Ooh the update says it's 3 minutes away, not bad for a last minute, hour order. (10ish minutes in reality).

It's funny this service reminds me of the timed pizza orders, where they had to arrive within a certain time, or your meal was free and you silently wished they were late haha!!

The snows finally all melted away and it's been drizzling all morning.

It's still very cold, the thermostat room temperature was 16 degrees again.

I'm not feeling the best today and I needed to do a mini shop, as I'll be away Friday and was running low on a few essentials.

Ocado had sent me this offer for 30% off and free delivery for this zoom experience.

It's like a top up convenience shop that can be delivered supposedly at the quickest in an hour and so forth.

I know one of the delivery slots was £2.50, not sure what the hour slot was as I didn't pay for it, with the supplied offer codes.

I saved £15 so I'm pleased with that discount as otherwise I would have had to do a full shop and probably would have spent about £40-£50 instead of the £30, scratch that, it was actually £29.75 ha.

I just checked my email receipt. I basically got everything I needed, aside from the soup.

There was some in stock and I don't know if it's because my stomach is delicate but I wanted plain soup and all they had was chicken and noodles/vegetables and I feel like I literally wouldn't be able to swallow that and not feel sicky.

As the queasiness was hitting me pretty hard today for whatever reason. I don't know what sets it off, some days are fine and others just really bad.

I'm surprised they had the Shloer Rose in stock, that's just sparkling grape juice but at a higher quality so we always used to purchase that for special events or treats.

It's non alcoholic, so safe for everyone to drink but it's seems rare to find these days and I just fancied it.

I also saw Virtue Clean drinks, the lemon and lime was £1.10 on offer, it's usually £1.65.

The Virtue berries was £1.65. Hmm I just saw that it had the label "energy" attached to it and that usually means caffeine, please please please, don't have that.

Hmm according to googly woogly (that's just fun to say). It contains "natural caffeine" I'm not sure what the hell that is.

It's all in the taste though and I'll chuck it out if it's disgusting. I would have packed it but honestly at this point I am dreading holding all the bags for the lazy-refuse-to-get-out-and-help cab drivers.

There's my laptop bag with my laptop included obviously, my handbag, my overnight bag with clothes and chargers, electric toothbrush, face brush, makeup, creams..

And lastly my treat bag, with the excess fish I got from the supermarket and chocolates, cakes, pretzels for the family.

My hands hurt so badly trying to lift just one of those bags, let alone several and I have to walk from my door to the cab, where usually they park a lil further away from my house. Ugh!!!

I was shopping in a hurry so I just added things really quickly. Another nice surprise was that they do sandwiches.

I guess because it's an express service and no chance they will go off, they can do that, there was a meal day offer, add a snack and drink for 50p but I didn't see the link to that and I just wanted to hurry and get it delivered for the morning.

Oh you might wonder why I don't like caffeine? The stimulant in coffee/tea designed to keep you awake/alert??

I'm constantly trying to nap for one, I already have difficulty sleeping, that's not something I need in my life.

Secondly, every time I have it, I get the urge to vomit. I'm already sensitive so no thanks but to avoid wasting money, I shall try it.

To be fair, the sicky feeling has passed but it can just pop up randomly.

I have the 2 chicken samosas in front of me but not appetite to consume them. I'm just going to randomly sip my Shloer, yep opened it easily already, (thank heavens).

Ha the Amazon review I wrote about the heated blankie was published in full, astonishingly and the seller has already been in touch today, to troubleshoot and probably hopes I amend my trashy review.

10 minutes to heat up, my foot!!! More like all day!! I'm not sure I can be bothered to respond at the moment.

Plus Easy Fundraising replied to my comment in which they asked, why are you uninstalling the add on?

I simply stated....... "It doesn't work!!" That's fairly harsh I know but I wasn't in the mood to tread lightly.

They want me to elaborate but what more can I say?? That's fairly self explanatory.

I've tried it in several stores, Ebay, Ocado, Amazon I think as well, not sure if there were others but enough is enough.

I want something simple that actually does what it's supposed too. If I have to contact support, that's just bad service!

Oops forgot to add, there is live tracking but all it said was that it was running on time.

It was only when it was a few minutes away that it moved and it said oh it's running a few minutes behind.

Before that it just said we are preparing your order, which isn't really helpful.

I think I did get emails though to say it was despatched, I was just looking at the live tracking though, convinced it would give me all the information I needed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D