Thursday 15 December 2022

#BlogLife418 - Mrs Santa and her goodies

Sorry, nope this isn't a Christmas story, I'm just excited about getting my gifts.

I'm writing this Friday to be posted on Monday. They said the Body order would take 1-3 days and it took 4 so that's pretty cool, considering it's Christmas and everyone is shopping like crazy.

I don't wanna spray the Jovan antiperspirant into the cap but from what I can sense, it's delightful.

It does smell like a proper aftershave. I'm not familiar with any of them except probably Brut or Old Spice so I can't go into specifics, I just know what I like and what doesn't seem generic.

The Addiction Gold aftershave is less pungent. It's quite faint. The cap smells sweet, cinnamon I think, liked baked goods, I'm not sure that will go down well.

But that's why I bought two things, one is bound to be acceptable and I don't even like the recipient but when I'm gifting people. I try to get something a lil special for them.

Hmm the Eye Mist Spray from Treat and Ease was a lil tricky, the first spritz did nothing and the second was a huge blast.

It was refreshing and a minty fragrance I think. I waited a few seconds to open my eyes and there was no stinging or unpleasantness.

It's feels like a whole face mist. My eyes don't feel itchy or tired just calm.

The Technic Lip Sleep Mask, (I really have to read the instructions on the best way to use these things ha).

I just get so excited to try them all out and see, what it scented and what feels luxurious..

It's like a solid balm, very bright pinky colour that smells of strawberries or some sort of fruit, which is lovely.

It was easy to scoop a lil and apply and I think it will take a while to really stop the chapping but it feels nice and sinks in easily so far.

I'll update you on the progress, later on. I don't think it's tinted but I can't really see properly when it's this dark.

In the morning, my lips are still dry but they aren't chapped, the balm seems to last a few hours. I really like it but it would be easier in a tube version, although tubs seem to soothe more..

I can't recommend it as an overnight treatment as it fades too quickly but it's so simple to reapply, unless you're asleep.

My lips aren't as dry as they were but they are still dry. However I would definitely purchase again for the lovely scent and the way it makes my mouth feel immediately upon application.

Lastly on to the creams. The Derma V10 is thicker than I thought it would be. It's not heavy and seems thin but it coats  the skin sorta heavily and hydrates it.

I've applied one layer but because my skin was excessively dehydrated, it's going to take a while to see the effect.

It's got a sweet, fresh scent to it, which I can't place but I always prefer scented over unscented.

Half my face feels softish but the rest is still dry, that's how bad my face is at the moment.

A few days later, when it's on my face, it's soft, when it's not, my face becomes really dry again.

Just like the lip balm, these are products that are great while you're using them but if not, don't provide a cure.

The L'Oreal Triple Active I thought would be a denser consistency but again when it's applied it feels substantial and a lil richer.

I can't give a proper review on this until the Derma finishes. I don't like using two products for targeted areas at the same time.

Unless it's for an initial review.

It's got an offbeat perfume smell. Perhaps my nose is affected with all these different smells.

It's not bad, just seems a lil strange. Oh the Beauty Formulas Hemp Cream.. 

I thought that was unscented but it too has an unusual fragrance, smells like dish soap...

It's thin and absorbent but I can't see that doing much good to my skin, I always need a thicker moisturising cream for my dry skin.

Hmm I have to say, I'm quite impressed at how deeply this penetrates my skin, it totally coats my elbows and they feel soft, hours later.

I would think twice about purchasing it, simply based on the horrible smell it produces. 

It ruins it for me with the cheap nasty, soapy fragrance.

Ahh I just realised another reason I stopped using moisturisers, it nearly always affects my lenses and eyes, the first time it didn't..

But after I removed my greeny mud mask and applied the cream again to try and get my skin softer, my eyes started twitching.

It's wasn't burning at first, it's just very uncomfortable and watering. I'm going to try that spray again and see if it helps.

If so I might be tempted to switch from the eye drops to the sprays... The spray does have a slight cooling effect.

But I am cringing so hard applying it and it's hit and miss as I can't see where I am directing it.

No the spray didn't help with the eyes, now they are kinda sore. I finally had to remove my lens and re-clean them and pop them back it as it was stinging.

I blame myself a bit though as I applied the cream to near my eyes and some probably got caught up on the lashes and went into my eyes

The next day my skin is back to being dry. I'm actually starting to wonder if it's the face wash...

To be safe I'm not going to buy the Creightons brand anymore. I don't think my face was this bad until I started using it.

It's a shame I don't have another one to compare it too. Now that I know the Derma10 is so good, I'll use that from now on.

It's great value for money. All these products had surprisingly low costs attached to them.

I guess it's crazy but because I'm limited to where I can buy groceries and what stores are nearby, there is not much choice really.

I'm not paying obscene prices so that's why I have to shop around online for the beauty stuff and it's always good to shake up the brands and give your skin a refresh.

Just because something doesn't cost as much, it's not always worse, it just depends on the brand.

I was going to buy another face wash but I don't want to waste the other one so I changed my mind and didn't get one.

I was tempted to do an Ocado shop with a deal I got but half the basket was out of stock ha.

I returned to trusty Iceland with the weak rubbish bags. I'm going to give the surplus back to Ocado as they will recycle any bags and pay you 10p each.

Before I forget. I've gotten the free vitamins that I ordered with the offer and have started taking them.

Multivitamins are not always useful to me. Cheaper brands have this pungent smell and taste and it makes me vomit.

Plus only Perfectil has ever made a difference. However as these were complimentary, I had to share the offer and sample them.

I opened the cap and it does smell of berries, my favourite. It tastes of them also and is easy to chew, not overly sweet and not sour.

It's simple to digest. I put pictures on twitter, to give you an idea and it's a whole months supply so in the middle of January I can tell you how they performed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D