Friday 9 December 2022

#BlogLife414 - Mademoiselle speaker over to you...

Today wasn't as hectic maybe because I was up earlier and got a jump start, no naps sadly but maybe it's just as well, that it is helping me to tire out earlier.

I had time so I just finished charging the new speaker in flashy red.

It's called the Braven mini and it supposedly had 1900mah battery life, equal to 12 hours of playback and Bluetooth version 5.0 but it's not confirmed, it isn't stated anywhere that I could see.

First I had fun trying to locate where to put the usb c wire inside to charge it, you peel back a tab and it's hidden there at the base.

A red light came on but I wasn't sure if that mean't it was dead or charged but a few hours later, the light came off.

Hmm that was a slow charge!! I do love the reddy/plum colour though.

Alright just paired it with the laptop, the pairing name is BRV Mini and it was all set.

It has this funnily lil musical number when it's switched on and connecting, makes me laugh.

It is loud!! Whoa!! I'm satisfied, I got it as my laptop speakers are too low when playing movies with others around, talking, background noises etc.

When it's me by myself they are adequate. It's designed to be used outdoors, that's why it has a long battery life and is quite sturdily built.

I personally just like electronics that last for ages on a single charge. I'll pair it with the phone, just to see if it's just as easy.

Initially there are no problems. I will test it properly when I am away from home and see if it stays on or just randomly switches off, as some bluetooth products like to do grr.

Yikes I had a crazy morning. I wrote this yesterday so it's all a bit, over the place.

Firstly dictator calls when I'm eating breakfast. Finally but I didn't see/hear it because I forgot to put the volume up.

I normally mute it late in the evenings as I don't generally want to be disturbed and especially if I forget to take it off and someone rings while I'm asleep, that irritates me to no end.

I'm not going to call him back, for some reason he never answers when I do anyway so screw that.

It's like he gets offended when I use his personal number, but he's allowed to use mine. Pffft!!!

He has email,text, so when he tries again, I'll be mysteriously available but until then I'll be busy ha..

I'm still not over that.... Being dismissed over being four minutes late bit!!

As I was checking my emails I noticed that EE had said my bill is here and it's been paid.

I always frequently check my bank balance to see if it's normal, as sometimes there are scams or unusual amounts paid out.

If you recall I recently switched from BT to EE and she said my new bill would be £15.30 each month with the complimentary A13 phone.

That was on the 24th October and I got my first proper bill today which had me outraged.

As EE gouged me on delivery costs £7 and then early contract costs, oops actually no, thank goodness I didn't have to pay that.

Which is good as that would have been the first time and EE and BT are supposed to be the same merged company in any case.

What was strange is the doubled amount billing, it was £30.60!!

I immediately thought Oh no, I've been scammed and will be paying twice as much, locked into a contract for 2 years.

Again if I attempted to close my account, they would charge me 2 years worth of payments.

I queued up and waited 5/10 minutes, (always best to call in the mornings) and spoke to a nice operator who explained that the reason it was doubled was it contained 2 months worth of payments.

But from January onwards it would be relegated back to £15.30 which is the strangest thing I've ever heard.

Although she did add, every April it increases by a few pounds. Grr, the cheek!

I joined at the end of October (24th), they should have charged 1 month and a half or just 1 month lol.

But I'm relieved that's just a one off cost and not for the length of the contract, that had me soo worried.

My broadband and landline phone is £30, so altogether it's £45 which isn't that bad.

I was paying £50 and upwards before, which means I'm saving more than I thought.

A nice extra fiver. Oooh I'm excited my Bodycare order with hermes is out for delivery from 3.30pm - 5.30pm.

I can't wait to test, test, test and write reviews next week.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D