Monday 5 December 2022

#BlogLife410 - Unlock a damsel in distress

Song of the day - Viking Ding Dong - Single This Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm9RrJ2QP5g&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=58

Drama of my own making! 

I lost my house keys again, only to discover once again when I got indoors, tiredly, I shoved them into my shopping bags, expecting to grab them and put them back into my handbag where I store them.

Nope didn't do that this so had a mad dash in and outdoors just incase I left them on the door or maybe they dropped out and were on the floor..

A great relief when I discovered them in the bags I had already discarded into my black bin bags for taking out to the trash bins.

Ooh trying out chicken samosas, they are big, it cost £2.15 so I bought 2 and you can smell the spices even before you open it.

It's soft pastry mostly and it has peas which I love and it isn't spicy woop!

It's not falling apart but is a tiny bit delicate and the pastry isn't saturated with oil, like some others.

I found only the corners seem like that but the majority is marvellous. It was soo good I had to polish off the other one.

I just realised that I'm shivering and not hungry but thirsty and I finally have chicken soup.

I'll be honest with you, I don't have any porcelain cups as I keep breaking them.

I think either I find them to heavy to hold or my hand shakes, which is the same thing that happens with my lenses.

My hand randomly vibrates or twinges and anything I'm holding just falls.

But my workaround as I don't drink tea, coffee, marginally hot chocolate at someone else's house is to buy the pasta pots and keep rinsing them and use soup sachets with them and carry them with a paper towel underneath to avoid burning myself.

If I hold the bottom and the lid, it's much lighter and easier. It's a small thing but it's really good to have warm liquids again.

Iceland just wasn't stocking them. Maybe I'll use Ocado occasionally for the bits I can't get.

It was really nice to have choice for a change. I microwaved the Heinz chicken soup for nearly three minutes and it was perfect.

I bought a few brands to try and in case some were out of stock because that is what you have to do, when you're desperate for something.

My current favourite is still Batchelors slim a soup. I grew up on that and it's been my go to soup ever since.

I feel so much warmer now. Heinz does taste of chicken and there's plenty in the sachet.

The price was £1.25 for 4 sachets and Batchelors is £0.90-£1.20 for 4 sachets also.

It's a kinda medium thickness I would say and it always fills me up.

I really thought the Kind cereal nutty bars were limited to Amazon but since I've seen them in the supermarkets I'm thrilled.

I have never seen the Peanut Butter one in stock, so I grabbed that and the Double Dark Chocolate.

They had a 2 for £5 offer that's why I must have picked 2. It's normally £3.50 for a pack, which has 3 inside.

I just realised I should have grabbed 2 of the peanut ones but I guess I like to hedge my bets, in case I hate one of them..

Just realised this, Ocado do substitutions and they charge for bags if you don't hand them back which I didn't as I needed them to make my life easier, transporting them to the kitchen.

The driver who was very friendly and polite said some people on their next order retain them and hand them back to the driver.

Maybe that is what I'll do.. I'm really surprised everything was in stock, normally something is missing, I had to go over the order a few times, just to make sure I got everything.

I love reading food reviews but Ocado customers are super critical of everything.

Just sampled the cupcakes yes they are tiny but I am actually relieved they are small.

Good quality sometimes means, you don't need much to satisfy a craving.

It was £3.20 for 9 tiny cakes and I wouldn't normally pay these prices but I wanted to bump my order up for the minimum spend.

It's very sweet, soft, good quality ingredients. There is a generous topping of buttercream that is practically the same amount as the cake and either salted caramel crispies, cookie crumbs or toffee pieces.

And three types of buttercream, chocolate, caramel or vanilla. I thought I was going to try two of these but one was enough to please my sweet tooth.

These are not my type of budgety prices but I have to admit the quality so far is outstanding.

Last night I tried out the Kind bars in the peanut butter version. I was excited to try these the most.

I was really disappointed, don't get me wrong it had a generous amount of peanut butter and nuts but it tasted like any other flavoured bar.

The reason I loved Kind was that it stood out as a unique taste but these are now smaller and probably thinner.

The first one I tried was the dark chocolate nuts and sea salt. That was an amazing bar.

I would not recommend the peanut bar. I'm curious about the other one I bought.

Maybe they have completely changed the recipe which is a shame.

I eventually tried the Dark chocolate nut one and it was great, they are just a lot harder to bite into that I remember but the flavour is delicious.

The other thing I will mention is Cardini's original caesar dressing.

I wanted the low calorie option but the reviews put me off. I always taste it on the lid first before dumping a whole load on a sandwich and ruining it.

It cost £2.60 (I'm not sure if you want the prices added or not but when I read reviews, the first thing I look for is the amount that it cost and if it's good value).

I shook it up as recommended and tried some and wanted to vomit (and eventually did, although my tum was fine before that).

It's like someone grabbed a vinegar bottle and emptied the whole thing inside yuckkkkk.

I closed it and re-shook it and it was the same. I'm throwing it in the trash, if I have it one more time, I really will throw up.

Totally disgusting. Do they not check recipes before bottling them? Ughhh.

Lastly two soups I tried, lemongrass and chicken. I love lemon flavoured anything but this was so tart.

I forgot how bitter lemongrass is. It had no flavour of chicken just this overpowering taste of what seemed like black pepper.

I tried to drink more but just couldn't stand it so I poured it down the sink.

The next one was Telma chicken and croutons, this took longer than the rest, three and half minutes and had no scent which was unusual.

Less is more with the water, I added too much and it was a lighter flavour but it was tasty.

It's not my new favourite but it was a good attempt, thin but satisfied a mini hunger I had.

I'm just so happy that my bluetooth speaker arrived and the trousers came from what seem like a lifetime ago since I ordered them.

I can't test the speaker until I am at mama's as her place has more noise to drown out and here the sound seems normal and loud.

I'm finally going to shop for an expensive moisturiser to fix my winter face and buy Christmas gifts, more in the next post..



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D