Friday 16 December 2022

#BlogLife419 - Amazon's faulty blankie saga

Yesterday I received the heated blankie £46 that I bought from Amazon and I was so relieved and pleased that I didn't think about what I would do if it turned out to be defective.

It came around 5pmish after the live tracking coming and going. I excitedly unpacked it and switched it on.

Only one side is fleeced and it's stiffer than I would have liked but the cord is extra long.

I never sleep at night with these things on, just take a daytime nap for safety reasons.

Most have the auto switch off but you always hear horror stories about them overheating and causing fires so I'm very careful and even before I bought one, people were trying to talk me out of it.

But cold is cold and my bones cannot get warm, with the warm clothes and the heating on, I'm still frozen.

The top setting on the control is supposed to be for the temperature and the bottom one for the duration, 1-9 hours but I think it automatically turns off after 3 hours as a precaution, which is fine.

I set it to the maximum heat and timer and waited and waited and waited.

Bits of the blankie wasn't at all warm. There was slight low warmth, in certain areas but then it came off, then on, then off and so forth.

I thought I was doing something wrong so I watched an Amazon video and nope, I was correct but it was just broken.

Maybe for some reason it was stuck on the lower warmth actions but it doesn't explain why it randomly goes off after a few minutes.

If you go on Amazon's live chat, there's no option to type, just automated non helpful responses.

If you try the phone service, it's another bot. The only way to get a human was to rant on Twitter and they just fobbed me off saying return it.

I can't do that. It's too damn excruciating to hold anything, let alone a huge box, all the way to the bus stop and then walk into the market and then queue up at the Post Office......

Nope!!! I don't even want to return it, as it gives the barest minimum of removing the chill and I have been struggling in this weather to function at all.

I really just want to stay in bed and not get up but I would start to get really depressed if I did that.

When I purchase things, I expect them to work 100%. I don't expect to have problems.

My legs and hands are ice cold. Ugh I can't be bothered to stress about this anymore.

Maybe I'll win a blankie or there'll be a voucher giveaway I can enter.

The only saving grace is that I wrote a scathing review on Amazon and that will prevent some other poor soul in buying this colossal piece of crap!!!

I wonder if they will even print my unflattering review...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D