Wednesday 14 December 2022

#BlogLife417 - The end of fleecey snuggles..

Today is a sad day. I woke up and unrolled my favourite (and only) fleecey, fake fur, silvery, shiny, cosy, mediumish blankie and it turned on and then died.

I guess that's why it wasn't working at full capacity the last few times but I didn't really think anything of it.

I've had it for 4 wonderful years, although it didn't seem that long and it's kept me toasty and took away my aches and pains and relaxed me into some wonderful naps.

I could not get warm at all, even though the heating was on. My bones are chilled. I'm going to take the heating off, only now at 10pmish as I didn't want to risk shivering again.

It cost me £28 which is a bargain because most prices are doubled and tripled that amount.

I do remember shopping around and then I got loads of deals and reductions and bought it quickly.

I wish it was bigger but that costs another tenner or twenty pounds extra.

I went back to the same store Costway but they didn't have any special offers, not enough to tempt me.

I had loads of Amazon credit that I was saving for any emergencies and just ended using that.

The postage costs were ridiculous at £5-£8 so I took out a free Prime trial ha to sneakily avoid that.

That's going to end on the 10th January but I usually cancel it way before that or depends if I have lots to buy.

The dimensions are 120x140cm and I don't know if that's bigger or smaller than the one I own..

It's the same silver colour with multiple settings on the controller. Oh I hope the wire is long.

That always tends to rub it's cold slitheriness against my legs or feet.

The big difference is that it isn't fleece or fake fur, it's just oops, sorry, re-read the description and it's something called Coral Fleece.

Hmmm it mentioned something about the four pockety corners but it doesn't look like a mattress cover type to me.

I should really read the descriptions properly but it was the biggest, most reasonable one I could find that also delivered really quickly.

It cost a whopping £46 to the mere £28 I had paid for the first one.

However I'm not using my own cash, it's gift vouchers and in my head I would knock off £8 because that would have been the postage cost.

So really it's only £10 more haha. If it lasts me another few years I'll be really happy.

I think it will come up small on me. I just didn't want to pay £60+. I was hoping it would be £30 but sometimes you have to compromise.

You probably wonder why I add a lot of strange details to my posts.

Honestly sometimes I have to reference something and I come back to it for the answers ha.

I do like adding specifics though. Maybe it helps you or possibly you're curious..

If I remember before I toss out the old blankie, I'll try for some comparison pictures.

But it's a busy week so I'm not sure. I really wanted it delivered Monday, I wish Prime had slots, so you could pick Mornings or Afternoons.

I'm just glad it's Wednesday now and it's out for delivery but due to the snow in the UK everything is delayed.

At first it said 2.30 and now it's sating 4pm - 7pm. They deliver up until 9pm so not sure what happens after that.

Probably have to wait until tomorrow but I am so hoping I don't have to spend another day freezing.

I would have posted this earlier but I was hoping it would have arrived in the morning.

Either I'll update this post or will start a new one on how it performs.

Dictator emailed with with something irrelevant, I'm not sure how many times I can say I have to limit my actions due to my disabilities.

Maybe he just hears the word *disability* and thinks, hmm that's not real so I'll gloss over that..

I knew that his eyes were burning into me, when I advised that fellow disabled person not to do the stairs.

Like he was biting his tongue, to say Crikey woman, keep quiet, keep out of this, us healthy, young able bodied advisors, are tooooo lazy to walk down 3 flights of stairs, so let me deal with this!!!

He is such a plum!!!! OOh did I mention, on Monday, I finally got my spare contact lenses??

Woop I'm pleased. I've put them away in my cosmetic bag, it's the only place where it won't get lost, weirdly enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D