Wednesday 9 August 2023

#BlogLife538 - First time trying male products

I flip-flopped again and saw an offer to get 2x face washes for just under £6.

I was going to get the Fine Flowers L'oreal one but I didn't really see it.

My skin looks smooth but it's bumpy and I've been breaking out for a while now so I need something more aggressive or targeted at pimples.

Mostly what I saw was around the £5/£6 mark so getting 2 for that price seemed a bargain.

Unless I hate it or it does nothing for my face. It's due anytime before 2pm so a 2 hour window which is nice by Hermes/Evri.

I like the fact it's new to me and green. It's supposed to smell citrusy but we'll see.

It's the Garnier Wasabi gel wash and I didn't realise it was for men until I saw the fine print.

I don't typically buy men's products as I figure there must be a reason they are marketed for men but this time I didn't see much choice and I wanted a good deal.

I did watch a Youtube review that said it's effective but extremely drying but I have moisturisers so I'm not bothered about that.

I'm really irritated that the Electricity meter appointment has been scheduled for next week when I would have departed grr.

I'm going to call and see if they will let me change it to August. I keep being pulled into things, arghhh!!

The washes arrived at 1pmish and they smell of lime, which is lovely.

I used it with the face brush first, as I spun the brush it was beginning to lather and then when it hit my face it was foaming and light and felt refreshing.

I just love that it's a green colour, I find it's way more visually appealing and satisfying to use when they've made the effort to alter it from clear to something vibrant.

Then I decided to use my hands and it stayed in the gel form mostly but as my face was still wet, it lathered and still did not feel heavy.

Looking in the mirror afterwards, my face feels deeply cleansed as though I just put on a mask and toner.

My face is mostly soft but there are dry patches, along my forehead and nose.

I guess I can see how some could find it drying. My face is combination oily and dry so thinner products work better and then if I still need hydration, I will use a moisturiser.

Oops I thought I was publishing these in order but I missed this and maybe another.

 Now I know the Wasabi washes mess up the skin a lot, not just a lil.

I feel like I'm forever waiting for maintenance people to arrive. It's only 9amish but they are due anytime from now until 1pm.

Although the last time, they waltzed in around 2pm, hence why I keep the day free.

I want it over and done with so I can eat and get rid of this nauseated, crampy feeling and relax.

Yesterday afternoon was glorious. I got caught in the rain a bit and inside seemed to be colder than outdoors so I was able to use my blankie and nap to recover a bit.

They are predicting another heatwave, in the middle of this month but I hope it's wrong.

I think I'm half or mostly finished with the Argan Vatika shampoo so I was looking at the next version to get.

I've never seen the garlic version before, that made me laugh. What if it smells awful??

There is also an egg protein and a sweet almond one so I'm spoilt for choice.

I usually opt for a volumiser or a hydrating and repair type. My hair isn't damaged but it's frequently lacking moisture or flat.

I would definitely say since switching to Vatika that the condition has improved, when I was at Mama's I noticed the difference.

Her Gliss shampoo dried my hair out and made my scalp itchy and uncomfortable again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D