Tuesday 22 August 2023

#BlogLife545 - How did you lose weight?

I remember being asked this. Suddenly my weightloss had become everybody's business, well no not suddenly but more people commented and asked questions, which they felt was their right.

My yo-yo up and down journey was my own affair. However a part of me was proud of it and the rest didn't want to talk about it.

I did not want my looks to be the only thing that fascinated people. I had brains too.

The truth was I discovered what had finally worked for me. It wasn't sensible eating and moderate exercise.

It was self loathing, bullying myself to avoid temptation. You're pathetic, can't you even resist going for seconds?

Do you really need dessert? Look at you, totally bulging out and unattractive. No wonder no guys are interested...

On and on I went and joined in with everybody's else's critiques of me, why not?

It did seem to be the general consensus and then when I reached my goal, which seemed to be skinnier and thinner.

It just didn't make me happy. There were more eyes on me but this time, it was compliments and shock and surprise and maybe even jealousy..

I felt like the only way to turn this around was have a heart to heart.

I think I only said it to one person who insisted on knowing my secret and she was horrified at the answer.

I lost the weight by starving myself and exercising non stop all day.

I looked at her and said, don't do what I did and she nodded and found her own way to trim down.

It was probably a mixture of the journalling and talking to myself and saying.

I don't know about you but I'm tired of hating myself and not being my own best friend.

How about we switch it around, retrain the brain and be kind and supportive?

It didn't happen overnight but I started to catch myself saying something and spun it into positivity.

If someone asked me now? I would say do it in stages, don't just throw out all the desserts and go hard core, it doesn't work.

Find an activity or exercise that you hate the least, maybe even enjoy.

Mine is dancing so the workout videos that incorporated dancing were my favourite.

Find the unhealthiest thing in your life and try to find an alternative that is better for you.

I like fizzy drinks but I won't have it daily. I will buy it once in a while and when I first started out, I transitioned to fizzy flavoured water.

I try to buy fruit where I can but it's expensive and doesn't last the week so low calorie treats are what I seek.

Certainly the inches are coming off a lot slower but I have a healthier mindset and I prefer being bigger than the alternative of being slim but depressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D