Tuesday 1 August 2023

#BlogLife533 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 6

I'm having a rare no-nausea day so I am enjoying the calmness all around me. 

I can actually listen to music or asmr without the anti-sickness video playing.

I've finished binging Suits and I'm glad Lewis had a nice wrapped up storyline, he was the character that had me hooked from the start.

I saw the first episode of Hightown but it's too dark and triggery for me, it was goodish but not for me.

Diggstown just seemed to be all over the place, plotwise, maybe there were staff problems, budget issues, maybe the actors didn't get along but it was a mess.

I still enjoyed following the central character though, I can watch these things fast because, I skip huge chunks of it but I can still decipher the gist of it.

Sherlock kept being recommended to me but I wasn't sure if it would be a depressing watch.

It's got Martin Freeman in it and I watched the first episode thinking I will give it a fair shot...

I love it. I was instantly giggling throughout the whole thing. To me it's that British dry humour which makes me smile.

I am just confused about why Sherlock needed/wanted a flatmate because he doesn't have money issues the way Watson does.

He's not getting a salary, yet seems perfectly content giving his card away? Weird but it's funny how everyone assumes they are a couple bahaha!!

It does have some darkness but the humour balances it out nicely and I can cope with it.

I'm also really into Hijack, that's just a fun watch. Who will live? Who will die? Is there going to be a betrayal?

I haven't really seen any great films recently. I'm waiting for Bridgerton, My Big Fat Fab Life, DI Ray, Citadel, Archer and The Secret Life of Amy to return.

I had intended to post this but it felt too short so it fell into the unfinished pile.

Something to be completed later on. Then I had been thinking of stepping away and taking a break because usually at this time, I wouldn't be at home.

But I felt as though I was already on vacation mode and just needed to have some quietness and do nothing.

When the blog feels like an obligation instead of something I enjoy, that's when it's time to leave it idle for a while.

I know it's not fair to my readers or guests and I try as hard as I can to be consistent and put out regular content as much as I can..

But I honestly can't always manage that. I'm sorry for that but again my excuse is, I'm dealing with the emotional wreckage, that is my family.

I'm trying to cope with the daily pain that I suffer from. The carefulness of not being too active because it will make the discomfort last twice as long.

And then feeling sick nearly every day, needing to nap but not being able too and dealing with that frustration of, this is my routine.

This is my life. I guess what I'm asking is to please be patient with me and give me that time off that I desperately need to feel alright.

To feel refreshed and energised and happy. The moment I decided to disappear for a bit, I couldn't stop smiling.

I felt so good and that's how I knew it was the right decision for me.

Officially I still might not go away for 2 weeks because I have meetings to attend.

The intention is to return in the beginning of August but I will play it by ear.

I might not restart blogging until I return. I know it's vague but I have to play it by ear for now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D