Wednesday 2 August 2023

#BlogLife534 - Cupcake day

Every year I try to get specifically cupcakes for my birthday, I don't want a whole cake as it's just me consuming it and cake stopped being part of the traditional birthday celebration as well as cards maybe when the teenage years ended.

I wanted that more than gifts. I don't know why maybe it was more pleasing, than what I received.

This is my solo ritual, cupcakes which I used to purchase from a nearby Percy Ingles mini bakery and a sparkling non alcoholic drink like Shloer.

Red grape but now mostly Rose were my drinks of choice. The black chocolate flake cupcake was my favourite.

I rarely purchased these which is why they were a treat. The bakery is long gone now sadly.

I bought some Fever Tree drinks that were on offer 3 for £5, 2 lemonades and a white grape.

The grape is not sweet but not bitter, it's light and refreshing and I like it. It's bigger than I thought it would be for 500ml.

I haven't tried the others yet. Emma's Country Cakes from Ocado are pretty disgusting.

I don't know what it is, too sickly sweet and they don't taste like a traditional sponge.

I don't recommend them at all. £2.80 for a 6 pack, which is moderately priced for a decent size and there were no other choices available booo :(

Just tried the Premium lemonade and that's a lil sweeter but still natural and light.

The Sicilian lemonade tastes more lemony and a bit tarter, not a strong sour flavour but noticeably different.

I prefer the Premium one, there were a few flavours like Blood Orange but again it's hard to know which is sweet, which I prefer and what is tangy and bitter.

Ooh we've had fun trying the kitkats, sadly the hazelnut wasn't sent but a replacement caramel, which didn't appeal, so we gave it away.

The orange is lush, not too sweet or sour, just the right amount of zest and enjoyable.

The dark was the same, not bitter, just an interesting alternative.

The mint and hazelnut I am curious about now. Oh I tried some churros that were overcooked and bland, I'm not a fan.

They looked exactly like the mini apple pie bites that are luscious.

Growing up Kojak was my favourite detective show, I liked most of them.

Ironside, Cagney and Lacey, Columbo, etc but Kojak had me chuckling the most and last night I watched one of the spin off films he did Ariana.

Named after his daughter, so sweet. It was so entertaining and not predictable about a missing girl and a criminal and how were the two interlinked?

The ending was a bit anti-climactic but it was action packed. I wish the former cast members were involved in it too though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D