Monday 14 August 2023

#BlogLife540 - Fix your face

It's just before 4pm and my Amazon goodies arrived today, which prompts me to cancel Prime now.

Ugh they complicated the process, I had to click renew in order to end it now, sneaky sneaky but I did it.

It's almost as though I have eczema on my face, that's how disgustingly dry, flaky and itchy it is.

Straight away I unboxed and checked the contents expecting 2 of the masks but I was mistaken oops.

I got the £2.62 Creightons scrub 150ml purely for the soles of my feet. I can't remember if that brand was where I had the reaction from but it's only my feet so I doubt I will have an  adverse outcome to it.

I never use scrubs anymore as that's too harsh for my combination, blemish prone face. It seems nice and thick and I think it smells vaguely fruity.

Next we have the 50ml standard size Neutrogena refreshingly clear moisturiser £3.

I've used the pink grapefruit version before and that's been fine as far as I recall, this tube seems much tinier but a thicker cream so maybe it's better?

Most of my face was just obscenely dehydrated and it took a few rounds of moisturiser to address it.

My forehead is still dry and the rest of my face was getting greasy so I am only applying it on my forehead now.

After I applied it I tried the 150ml Nivea derma wash £2.75 that is targeted at impure skin and it's just clear and a medium consistency that rinses off easily.

Afterwards my face felt as though it had a deep treatment done which was refreshing. It's not scented that much and the lil it is, is very faint and generic.

My face was definitely beginning to heal and soften but what really counts is time and a few days later, I will really be able to tell if it's an efficient cleanser.

Lastly we have the 60ml Pink Clay mask and I didn't realise how small it was. I normally get a 100ml product.

This time I thought I was getting a bundle deal as it said x2 but nope it was crazy marketing about claiming to be doubly precise at improving complexions.

Anyway it cost £3.50 which is a bit steep for such a tiny thing, pictures are up on Twitter but new items are fun to use.

This was actually tinted pink, cute and was a thick mud texture but I only used a lil bit all over my face.

The instructions which I gave to Mama to read for me as I couldn't see the idiotic white tiny writing was to leave it for about 15 minutes.

And I followed that because my face is a mess. It was really difficult to remove it, water didn't cut it.

I think it's the first time I've struggled to wash off a mask so I grabbed a wet wipe and had to wet it and really scrub to make it disappear.

Afterwards my face felt smooth and polished, aside from my forehead, the sides of my nose and a bit of my cheek.

I'm going to have to repeat the processes throughout this weekend (Friday 4th) at the moment of writing this.

The mask is supposed to give a brighter, hydrating finish. I'm not sure about the illumination but it's definitely improved from being bumpy and rough.

It has an unusual perfume sweet scent which is not typical but I love beauty stuff that smells nice so that doesn't bother me.

It's Saturday night and I always continue the pampering regime all weekend but this time I left the face wash on underneath and then applied the face mask.

It seems a bit tough squeezing out the mask but it spreads easily.

I wasn't concentrating on the time, I was chatting to Mama and sipping Shloer Rose, I love that drink, so the mask was left on maybe half an hour.

I grabbed the wipes again but this time, it came off much easier. My face is glowing but my forehead remains scaly.

I don't want to do another moisturiser round, maybe before bed. The weather here has been rainy and sunny.

We might have breakfast out locally tomorrow morning, I guess it depends how we feel.

I like surprising her, just got her 2x salines so she doesn't have to go into town to get them.

She's having her leg treatment done soon and hopefully the pain will subside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D