Thursday 10 August 2023

#BlogLife539 - Holiday time is here

Song of the day - Mabel - Don't Call Me Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TQKyDD9Yig

I can't believe it's finally here and I'm off tomorrow. July just seemed frantic and stressful and from August it should be way less busy.

I just called to reschedule the maintenance appointment for either the electricity meter or some random boiler upkeep.

I can't remember what is what and the guy wasn't forthcoming with any details.

It's so weird how he said we can't change the appointment, they'll show up and I never tell them I'm going away because then somebody knows my place is empty.

I prefer to say, I'm sorry but I'm unavailable and then he said we'll make a note of your preferred date and return again then?

So weird, why would they send an engineer out to somebody not at home??

Crazy and I was panicking that I would have to stay home tomorrow but nope, it will be on the 9th August at 8am-1pm.

Apparently, they give cowboy hours as they show up whenever they feel like it.

I don't make it for the afternoon any longer even if that is preferable as they show up in the morning usually, at the worst possible time, grr.

I don't pack in advance anymore either because on the day I leave, I re-arrange my overnight bag a dozen times.

Have I forgotten something? Did I already pack blah blah? I figure I will leave lunchtime or late morning.

An update on the Wasabi face cleanser, now I see it is very drying.

My skin still feels bumpy and the sides of my face and my left cheek is extremely dehydrated.

I'm now habitually applying moisturiser. I don't understand why the left side is so badly affected.

What I'm doing is using the foam face wash and this wasabi one together, it helps a lil bit but I probably wouldn't purchase it again.

I got here with a competent driver who didn't get lost and I was able to direct him the last lil bit.

It was stressful up to that point, plus the additional cost of a fiver, yikes cab prices are ridiculous.

Mama also told me that her friend the housing manager called up the rude Advance Cars company and yelled at them for their appalling service.

I didn't realise she did that, so it made me laugh to hear they got scolded because it took me ages to recover from that ordeal.

I just plucked and tomorrow is the celebration party which I'm indifferent about.

I'm just very stiff and sore and tomorrow will be aggravating my body further.

I've been tired all day but I can't sleep and it's 11pmish which you would think I would be snoring away.

The party was fine really just physically took a toll, as there was a lot of standing and sitting which stiffened me up and the pain was climbing.

Her friends and family are a warm welcoming bunch but there's also a suffocation element as one in particular latches on to me.

Sweet though she is, she brings all eyes on me and it makes me squirm. Not in a negative way but in a flattering, look what she's wearing it's so exuberant, you must see.

Because I only packed one skirt and that was the multi coloured beautiful tropical skirt that is too big for me but really summery.

Greens, oranges, black, blue, red maybe and it suits me well, although I kept tripping over it.

I paired it with the reddy/orangey top and it was really cute but I frequently escaped to my guest room but left the door open and laying down flat was glorious for my back.

She let me try her feet circulation booster which was really freaky haha.

You spray the machine with water, definitely designed for men, as the feet shapes were huge ha.

And my size is 8 for normal boots and 9 for fur lined types. Then plant your feet as flat as you can.

It's tingly. I thought it would feel like painful pin pricks but no it's umm medium vibrations which you can increase.

I stayed low because it can be intense. There's one type that has the sensation of squeezing your feet tightly, a lil uncomfy.

The other one is better as though a force is pushing up to your feet and ankles.

I wouldn't call it a massage but it's bearable. On the higher settings it was too much and it felt like it was bringing on cramp so we both laughed as I said less please ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D