Tuesday 8 August 2023

#BlogLife537 - Thank you readers :)

Do you get most of your film or television recommendations from other people or are you the one that gives them tips on the next exciting popular thing?

I guess I started with friends and family pointing me towards entertainment that I might enjoy that they were enthusiastic about.

I recall far back the reason I first began watching Sex and the City was because it featured a female writer/blogger.

And that's what I wanted to do but didn't feel I had the talent or creativity to pursue it, who did I think I was??

And now there is a follow up version And Just Like That, I think it's called and I have no earthly interest in seeing it.

They did whinge a lot about very petty things, some I related to but others meh I saw it so much, I never wanted to see it again.

Then I remember my friend suggesting a show Secret Diary of a Call Girl that is based on a book and I thought hmm, doesn't sound like my thing.

I don't know if I tried to watch it and didn't get into it or I just had enough to occupy my time with.

But now I'm getting into some really old shows, Sanditon was excellent.

The Forsyte Saga was really enjoyable, another period drama that has likeable characters.

I think if I don't find straight away a cast member's storyline that I'm hooked onto then I can't watch it.

I tried to watch The Great and I hated everyone so dismissed that.

I loaded up Rescue Me which had good actors but the dialogue made my ears bleed, misogynistic men and the racial element of it, just no!!

But maybe second time around Call Girl show is funny and interesting, my first thought was, does she have a love life and does he know her employment?

Why on earth would you see clients in your own home? I did think it was cool she had a video intercom system, at least she could see who the visitor was prior to buzzing them in.

In my head I was thinking, be truthful or at least test the waters with any potential boyfriends.

Tell them you're a masseur, a personal trainer or a ugh, I've forgotten the third one because they can be sex workers.

I've spoken to a lot who sleep with their clients for money and don't see it as an issue.

And I reckon you would be able to tell from their reactions, if they could handle it or if they are repulsed by it and then you know they aren't boyfriend/girlfriend material.

Haha probably overthinking but I like to get into the character's heads. Solve the problems maybe?

At least if you're upfront, they know what they are getting into, they aren't being lied too.

You know the moment I gave myself a break and told myself to stop writing was the moment I fell in love with it again.

It stopped being a chore and an obligation and it reverted back to being a pleasure and a joy.

This is my fifth blog in the queue for August but if you're missing the stories or the writing, every now and then I would have been putting up old posts that I really got a kick out of composing.

I just wanted to say thank you to my followers for being patient with me when I haven't always been around.

I can't make promises that I'll do better because stress and illness is a part of me and I'm always going to step away at times.

But if possible I will keep linking to classic posts that I really enjoyed putting together.

I'm settling back home and it's nice and serene but I still feel a bit emotionally agitated about the family stuff.

And I'm always going to be worried that Mama is home alone with them and she's in potential danger.

At the moment it seems less physical and more emotional scarring but that's still no comfort.

Sometimes she just seems resigned to it, like she deserves it, which no amount of protesting on my part, seems to change her mind.

I wish I could do or say something to get through to her..

I'm going to focus on the L'Occitane review as I have to be productive and try to change my mood from depressed to positive.

I don't really want to look up the price as it was a gift and that seems sneaky.

But inside the box was a shower gel, a hand cream and a perfume.

I found the fragrance to be generic which I didn't like, I gave that away.

The shower gel was really luxurious. I found it super hydrating for my skin and the scent was a mild sweetness.

I do recommend that but probably would not get it for inflated price that I assume it is.

The hand cream has a mild chemically smell that was nice and it was a lil thick, not watery and I used it on my elbows which is absorbed well into.

I recommend that as well, although I still prefer body butters. Ahh I don't think I mentioned the scrub.

Creightons scrub I compared to St Ives, which was the one I fell in love with. It wasn't as strongly scented.

Actually I'm not sure there was a scent but it was really nice and thick and my feet felt so soft and smooth afterwards.

I think it was £2.62 and that is a real bargain. I would get that again but as a foot scrub only, not for my face.

I find for me mild scrubs do nothing at all. It has to be a thick grainy scrub to be of any use.

That's what I forgot to add. I surprised Mama with 2 gifts. I figured she deserved to be spoilt and cherished because the other 2 are not loving.

The first was just some simple 500ml x2 saline solutions, so she didn't have to go trek and buy them, they will last a while.

The second, hopefully second time lucky, I found the pedicure massage mats that are draped over the chairs.

It's got the rollerball thingy that travels all over, with heat, vibration and various massages.

She didn't want the hard shiatsu one, but a thinner, gentler version and I only paid £25 for it so I hope it's effective.

She adores massages and I find them excruciating because it feels like the person is pressing into my bare bones and it's so horrible.

I hope, hope, hope, this one seems ideal and that she will get a lot of use from it, she looked it over, just in case it wasn't right but it seems to fit the bill.

It's arriving this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday or even at the weekend but I'm excited and I had to mislead her slightly.

I said it was a late Birthday present so she would enjoy it immediately and not an early Christmas gift, she would have to wait to use.

Unlike the other two I don't care about money. I would just like to do something decent so when they harass her, at least she can feel there is an opposite side of things, where she's taken care of and has her needs met, without a bloody agenda or a quid pro quo.

Because I don't want a damn thing from her, except that she feels happy, unburdened and respected.

I know I keep getting angry but it's the thought of ongoing emotional torture which is aggravating me and I didn't realise it was happening.

I'm pleased at least that I skipped July's period but now I have some cramps.

Oh and this is day 2 of the perfectil supplements, Mama got me some and I don't usually react to those so I'm going to sample them for a month and see how I get on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D