Thursday 17 August 2023

#BlogLife543 - Brow gels - Mascara for the brows?

Good evening, earlier I checked the post and found the last of my goodies had arrived.

The protein tablets for me and Mama, they are basically to make the contact lenses more bearable to wear, extra deep cleaners.

And the brow gel which I didn't really know much about. I assumed it was some sort of eyebrow conditioner which I wasn't interested in.

But I think the gist is, that they have mostly replaced eyebrow pencils which is what I've always used to fill in my brows from over-pluckage.

My left brow especially has a lil gap but I'm not self conscious and barely remember to use a pencil when I'm rushing out the door.

I watched some beauty videos on youtube and saw more and more people using these brow gels and when I saw they were tinted that fascinated me.

Now that I have bought one Technic in dark brown for £2.80 for my naturally black eyebrows I can understand it better.

According to googly woogly the advice was don't go for black as it will make the brows look noticeably darker.

I was scared that the brown shade would make them weirdly lighter.

But no, the advice was correct as even the dark brown, makes them stand out as dark and less natural in appearance.

Maybe a clear or a lighter brown is better? I'm not sure. I had also assumed they would look like an eyeliner tip, instead of a mascara brush head.

I'm not sure how they can call it a gel, it just feels like mascara but softer.

I can't say that it smudges, when I press my thumb along the brow bone, very lil product comes out on my hand.

It doesn't feel heavy on the face and maybe with makeup and foundation on, it could look softer but right now I feel a bit of a clown.

Maybe the more expensive brands do a better quality product. I could be being too critical, I wonder if the sun would melt it off my face, yikes ha.

I guess wearing it, I feel more put together, both my brows look fuller and more presentable.

I'm going to have to look at more Youtube videos. Oh and I know everyone is obsessed with the brushed up brows.

I can't stand the look myself. It just looks messy to me. Caterpillar brows. Ick.

I know that wasn't the reason I bought the gel and to be honest, I didn't realise it would be a mascara head brush. I feel like I draw it on, rather than brush it.

It's awkward to use and not easy, I feel like I am making my brows thicker, which is not what I want. 

I just want them to seem coated and even on both sides.

Ooh I might end up using it as mascara for my lashes as I have always wanted brown and not seen it much except when I was younger.

Maybe it will be gentler on my lenses than regular mascara... Hmm. 

This feels like the most makeup I've had on in a while. It washed off the brows easily but not the lashes eek.

I would much rather use a creamy shinyish eyeliner as a brow gel instead, if there is such a thing.

With a full face of makeup so even if it was obvious, I could say it's part of the overall glamour look.

It took me 3 washes to finally remove the brow gel from my eyelashes, that stuck to it like glue, good heavens.

If this is what a brow gel is, I would not recommend or use it. I prefer my simple lil pencil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D