Wednesday 22 May 2024

#BlogLife692 - The smart meter scam?

Song of the day - Ayo Jay - Kpa Kpa 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFugQW47xQc

I'm just waiting for my last appointment of the week to turn up, the smart meter changeover for the expired one.

Last October I keep forgetting which one they replaced, maybe it was the electricity one located outside?!

Anyway when they arrive, I'll just give them the location of both, ha, just as I was typing they called and said he would come in about half an hour, which is 11amish.

Well that's on time as it was due 10-12pm and I'm glad they did let me know they were on the way, just makes it easier.

I think I will do an Ocado shop today, I need to use up the vouchers before they expire, I think it's been a month and I don't want to risk it.

I need a few bits anyway like face wash, mouthwash etc. Ooh he is here early and didn't need to be let into the building, strange.

Anyway he seems friendly enough and is just replacing the electricity meter which is under the stairs.

And he just switched off the power and says it won't be more than an hour.

Oh crikey I just realised, no power means no wifi, which means I can't save this post.

I am really looking forward to comparing the prices afterwards and seeing if I am paying twice the amount I did prior to the changeover.

Mama's bills turned into twice the amount and they were ridiculously high in the first place.

I think they took advantage of her being a senior and talked her into a higher tariff claiming it was more reasonable in the long run.

They tried to do that with me but I knew my tariff was the lowest as it's a flat rate, day or night and I use mine mainly in the daytime as by the evening, the whole home is warm.

Ooh that's unusual, I think it was the special Postie, just delivered the black stretchy pants.

They seem a bit different to the picture but good quality. Oh I was wrong, the logo isn't missing.

I just tried them on and they feel lovely, not too loose and not tight, just very comfy. I'm pleased.

Venice Beach is the brand which is unfamiliar to me.

I'm in credit with EDF but they didn't even mention it, as it's a small amount though, I don't want to claim it anyway.

Ooh 25 minutes later he turned the power back on and is just doing the last bits.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sure the food and drinks are still chilled.

Hmm he is all done and talked a mile a minute about the monitor he gave me, which I didn't understand at all.

But it's been 50 minutes and I just want to relax. I don't really care about it to be honest.

I don't want to measure every second of my usage. I need heat, I need hot water and although I like the cold weather, my body doesn't and can't function.

I'm not suddenly going to use the boiler less, unless it's a summery day.

It's come with a plug and I guess I'm supposed to keep it attached but I couldn't care less.

As a point of reference the last bill which isn't broken down, one was for £33 and the other is £42, £75 altogether.

That's my monthly cost but I know it will change when my credit is used up.

Ha it's funny, he was trying to get me to change the gas one, into a smart option too and I declined.

I told him straight if I wasn't obligated I wouldn't have changed this meter but I didn't have a say in the matter as I'm wary about the price hike and he shrugged.

I'm relieved that I don't have to convert the gas one, at least for now, I'm safe.

I'll keep checking the bills and see what the next one will be, higher or lower......... We shall see....

I just find it amusing that they finally lowered the energy cost and have sneakily found a way to raise prices.

It's like the government is in bed with the energy companies and had this sneaky conversation.

Look, look I know we have to make you lower the costs but but but we've come up with a solution on how we can raise them right back up.

We've been stalling for decades on making bills cheaper, but hear us out.

We'll make smart meters mandatory and will claim the prices will decline for every household but in reality, they will climb and we will both reap the kickbacks, sound good? Great!

Ugh ick!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D