Monday 20 May 2024

#BlogLife690 - Subway - Is it for sandwich lovers?

I didn't really fancy what I have indoors, the groceries are booked for tomorrow morning.

One of the tweezers came today and it is the type I love, minimal grip and effort and it catches every hair easily.

Pictures are up on Twitter as I like to make comparisons.

I decided to do a sandwich order and Greggs and Pret didn't have much stock left so I browsed a new Subway menu and it seemed appealing.

I went off them when I tried them when they first landed and the hype was huge.

I can't remember what the customer service was like but it just didn't taste good, maybe they have improved or maybe they are the same but we shall see, if they deliver to me or the hungry neighbours....

Oh ok I blinked and twenty minutes later, without fuss they arrived.

Decided on the Hunter's chicken, the Veggie breakfast and the Big Bombay.

I was kinda hoping they would have labelled them but no matter.

I'm glad they had the option to toast and that brown rolls were an option, super rare. It's extremely dry and mostly salad and very lil filling.

I'm not sure if they put mayo or ketchup, It doesn't taste of much.

Alright the next few bites seemed to be where the sauce and filling was contained, much much better.

These were 3x six inch subs for just under £19, lil on the pricey side.

The Hunters chicken was chicken and turkey rashers, bbq sauce and veggies.

The Big Bombay was chicken tikka, cheese and garlic and herb sauces, plus veggies.

The Veggie breakfast was eggs, cheese, hash browns and ketchup, it was tasty but nothing special.

I can't recommend them, it's almost like I'm having a half stale sandwich. Out of all of them the Big Bombay was the nicest, but that's not saying much.

It's tasty but it's not outstanding, it's too dry and if I'm going to pay for a takeout, I would much rather it was fresher and had something unique about it.

I'm sticking to Greggs or Pret and mainly Pret because they have the egg and avocado.

EDF has been hounding me to make the smart meter appointment and as the boiler maintenance is on Tuesday.

I decided to make it for Wednesday morning, they said it could be an hour and the power will be off for that time, which is not great but necessary.

I'm dreading the skyrocketed payments that will result from it, I've heard nothing but negativity about these things.

I just hope they don't expect me to take a reading because my eyes are so bad, anything small will be impossible to see clearly.

I will definitely be comparing the bills before and after and I wonder if they will make the gas meter, smart also, I hope not.

Hmm supposedly they will call or text before they arrive but they never do that.

I find it funny that I am having the most ever views and reads to my blog that I have gotten to date.

Thank you for taking an interest, it means a lot and yet my followers are down to one.

Grins, I get it. I'm not the most interesting or upbeat writer, some posts are quite emotional.

But that's how my life is, hard and stressful. I'm not going to change to attract a wider audience.

I'm still learning how to be me. My family will always have a stranglehold on my inner peace.

The pain will continue getting severe. I'm not going to learn to trust or let people near me immediately.

But I will persevere when possible and proceed with reviews, Chatty Chicks, spoofs, fiction and stories.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D