Monday 27 May 2024

#BlogLife694 - Chatty Chicks Watching Flicks 13 - Bridgerton first half binge

Ooh they mentioned Edwina finding a match abroad, I wonder if that is with the Prince, I really hope she returns and gets to wrap up her love story in a satisfying way.

That was too funny, separate bedrooms for Will the boxer and his wifey when they are a young couple, in their newly inherited mansion.

Awww Pen, it's so hard not to laugh, she was waving that fan so hard as though she wanted to fly into the heavens ha.

And the nervous laughter I can relate too. Ick, I thought that was Benedict having the threesome but nope it's romeo Colin.

Interesting point Colin made that it shouldn't matter what people think of you, only how you see yourself and that he was able to reinvent himself as he was surrounded by strangers who had no perceptions of him so he could learn to accept and be himself.

Although I'm not sure he is a playboy deep down but he is young so I guess sowing your wild oats is natural while he is unattached and not committed to anyone.

I'm not sure what his age is supposed to be, mid to late twenties maybe?

Hmm so Colin finally asked what the rift between his sister and Penelope is?

And Penelope just avoided that, to avoid lying perhaps? It was sweet that he was teasing her and it felt like he wanted to protest her leaving so soon..

I can't believe Will and his missus are sticking to the rules of sleeping apart, pfft, you own the damn mansion, do as you please.

Oh my my my ha, Colin wants Penelope to practice flirting on him, he must be clueless as to her feelings, yeesh, how could you not tell, she is into you???

Hmm from the looks of it, seems like Colin has a growing attraction and journals so that's a common interest as she writes too.

But she can't exactly say, Hey what a coincidence, I'm a writer too....... Or funny story I'm Whistledown.....

Now that was sweet, Eloise enquiring to Colin about how Penelope's state of mind is, while maintaining the friendship has outgrown.

Why would she do that, Eloise just blurted out to Cressida that Colin was helping Penelope find a hubby.

I know she is trying to protect her brother, she's in an awkward position. She's angry with Penelope or maybe hurt but still cares about her wellbeing.

I wonder if they will focus on Benedict next season or even in latter half of this one??

Goodness me, Portia Featherington, the Mama, is pressurising her kids to have babies to inherit the estate but one of them doesn't even know how babies come about ha.

The sex talks are one of my favourite bits on the show, hilarious.

If they were just to educate their daughters properly on what happens between a man and a woman, there wouldn't be this confusion.

Oof so Cressida blabbed? Or so it seems.. The whole ball is talking about why Colin an eligible bachelor is assisting Penelope with finding a match.

It's sweet though that she finally found someone who she was comfortable around and that seemed keen on her and he will see her for a chaperoned date soon.

Ooh okay, so maybe Francesca will be the new diamond. I kinda hoped it would be Penelope, that nobody would be banking on.

At least Will and Alice seem like a loving couple that communicates their happiness and fears with each other and are not playing games or holding back their feelings for too long.

Hmm I guess Penelope had to kinda write about herself, she had no choice, it was a public scandal and Whistledown is all about the drama.

Oof so it wasn't Cressida that blabbed the secret. I can see why Eloise thought that, hell even I assumed she did.

I hope that Colin and Penelope's budding friendship doesn't cause a strain on him and Eloise's close bond.

I want them to mend it and for them all to be on friendly terms again.

Go Penelope!! That is ballsy, she asked Colin to kiss her as she's been circulating 3 years in a row and hasn't dated.

And is afraid that she never will find someone and perish alone.

He hesitated not because he didn't want too. I think because he knew it would forever change their friendship and how they saw each other.

He did softly kiss her and stopped and then they really smooched and then she thanked him and quickly scarpered away leaving him bewildered....

It's caring that he just had to check up on her, that he didn't wait until the morning, that even though it was late and reckless, he bribed the maid, to let him see her.

Ha Oh my, I thought it was Pen, that dreaming of Colin, not the other way around but she's getting under his skin and the feelings soon, won't be able to be stifled!!

That was kind that Eloise just called on some inner reserve and sought Pen out to apologise and wish her the best.

Oh gosh the awkward apologies between Pen and Colin, he seems rather disappointed that she's retreating from him.

But good on her for taking his feelings into account plus the public backlash of them being seen together.

Lil does1 she know he's getting increasingly fond of her close proximity to him.

I wonder who Colin's rival will turn out to be, there has to be some obstacle between him and Pen..

I kinda thought that Pen's Mama would have been a lil encouraging or said something like I can see you have potential, it's just going to take someone looking a lil deeper to discover how truly delightful, you really are.

Ha Colin didn't take his eyes off Pen, for the whole night at the ball.

So the outcast vegetarian might be a potential suitor, what happened to the other guy??

Oof does this mean a love triangle between Pen, Cressida and the veggie guy?

Oh Pen, don't compete with Cressida, just be yourself, that's what he liked about you.

You desire 7/8 children seriously? How do you just blurt that out to a woman, a potential match? Ha!

It would be lovely if after all this time Violet, aka Mama Bridgerton found companionship.

Hmm Colin had all this time to fall for Pen and the moment somebody else is interested and she's cast her attention elsewhere is when he will screw her head up again and say he likes her.

Or ask if she likes him, which is cruel. I'm not sure who I am rooting for at the moment.

Francesca seems, it's like she's resigned to being set up but when it comes to the crunch, withdraws.

Is it shyness or if she just not actually bothered? It's her prerogative but I'm curious.

If she gets together with that guy, how are they going to communicate when something's wrong?

They seem to prefer silence. That's gonna be a hard marriage, you can't go from not talking to suddenly demanding vocalisation.

Benedict and the widow seem like they are in lust, not sure love is blooming.

I think Colin is finally jealous of Pen dancing with another man. Good.

I just realised this is the first potential match that didn't start off with animosity.

Why does Lady Danbury suddenly hate her brother, In Queen Charlotte they were quite close.

Wow that's going fast, Pen's suitor is already talking marriage. Hmm, see I wouldn't have minded the new suitor if he wasn't so matter of fact.

It's like finding an independent wifey is the thing to do, while he is travelling off most of the time and is happy and passionate about that.

As though he doesn't really want a partner, more like an acquaintance?

Work takes up his life and thoughts and heart and there's no room for anyone else, Pen deserves better, any woman deserves better.

In a way I think it's a bit of a cheek, the new suitor doesn't want his future wifey to have feelings for anyone else, yet he can't say for certain his heart will open up one day?

Well I'm not sure how I feel about him leaving Pen. Colin is not exactly declaring just trying to forbid Pen from settling down.

Messy messy. Oh my, I can't quite tell if they made love in the carriage and then when he blurted out Are you coming or what?

I was thinking is she just a booty call? Then he said it......*Squeal*

Are you going to marry me??? Hmmm I wonder if Eloise will give Pen an ultimatum?

Tell him or I will before the nuptials..

Wowser what a cliffhanger until 13th June. Oof I can't wait.

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D