Monday 13 May 2024

#BlogLife686 - Tickle your tastebuds

Sorry about the lack of BlogLife on Thursday. I feel like I'm stressed without being stressed, probably makes no sense but I feel agitated.

Casting that aside I bought some new things to try from Iceland. I don't know if I've tried these before, I don't think so..

But Cofresh were out of the normal bombay mix so I decided to try Shalimar's version for £1.20, 200g bag and it actually has cashews in it.

Wonderful plus is not excessively salty or peppery, it's lovely and understated. Although there isn't much, there are still a lot of peanuts contained inside.

I also got Pop and Pip still flavoured strawberry and raspberry 4x 330ml lil bottles for £1.50, they are sugar free and lightly deliciously flavoured but I actually thought they were sparkling, boo.

I also got the lemon and lime flavour but I haven't tried that yet. There was also Aquaroma 1 litre bottle for 75p which is good, I haven't tried that either.

The rest was Naked Thai sweet chilli egg noodles so I don't know if it's egg flavoured or made with eggs, not tried that version before, sounded interesting.

Plus Maggi Malaysian chicken noodles, not sampled this brand before, the reviews looked good, so I will see if it's yummy or not.

I haven't got a huge appetite at the moment, whether hormone related or weather, I'm just enjoying the orange lollies and ice poles mainly.

I did get some Frangipani almond cakes which I haven't had for years I don't think, they are lovely and soft.

Just tried the Aquaroma, that is great, enough citrus, not too sweet, no bitterness, it's no added sugar but contains sweeteners.

I haven't been too keen on Iceland's flavoured water range but good to check out new brands. Well, new to me.

Oh my, peeled the lid for the Naked noodles and instantly coughed, pepper just hit me in the face. Oof.

I drowned it in water and am cooking it for 6 minutes and then just going to leave it to set for a bit.

It's not strong, mildly spicy which is flavourful. A hint of eggyness, not recommended on a hot day but I would definitely get it again, it's a good fulling snack, that's seasoned properly.

I tried the Maggi noodles yesterday, it's tasty and soft but nothing special, just tastes like the others.

I would rather get the cheaper brands and save money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D