Friday 2 October 2020

Do you feel beautiful?

Well, do you? I don't but I do consider myself to be adequate. Inside I feel cute, calm and playful and potentially my beauty can radiate from that?

Is it just me or are compliments hard to accept? I mean not all flattery but some of it just seems disingenuous. I recently unsubscribed from an asmr artist because he favoured the mush. 

A compliment can take you by surprise and it's sweet because on that day you might need a boost but if it is overused those special words lose their impact.

I wonder if there is any one of us that can genuinely look in the mirror and be completely content with the image staring back at them. 

For me personally, aside from my baby pictures I like my face but my hips and tummy, not so much.

At school I always thought it was my job to build up peoples confidence and neglect my own but as I matured I realised we all have to work on ourselves. 

I can walk right up to you and say "You have exquisite eyes." If you're like me however and have always been disappointed in that feature then it seems meaningless.

I think we should all just smile and say "Thanks." Whether we believe or not. I'm trying to stop being cynical and think that people have an agenda. 

Maybe, just maybe there is some truth in those saccharine words..

At about 3pmish the postman buzzed with the first of my parcels. It was my L'oreal Paris Fine Flowers face wash. I had basically finished my other one so decided to get started with it. 

Initially the first time I used it, there was no strong scent. It is a gel/cream combination and I normally avoid creamy textures as for combination skin it feels too heavy but as this foams when mixed with water, I thought it would be a safe bet.

I wet my face brush and generously applied it, while it was spinning and it quickly foamed up. There is an instant softness as soon as it hits your skin. 

Very luxurious. My blemishes seemed diminished. It washed off very easily too. I'm not sure how effective it will be at removing my scars though. 

I wouldn't apply a moisturiser afterwards, it was that hydrating. Incidentally, the reason I apply a moisturiser first, then my cleanser afterwards is because of the same combination skin.

No matter how "light" moisturisers are advertised as being, they still sit heavy on my face. Whereas if you apply it and then wash it off with the cleanser, your face is hydrated but without feeling suffocated.

I'm still waiting for my Superdrug beauty supplies to arrive the tracking didn't move at all today which was disappointing but I expect tomorrow it will turn up. 

My duvet will probably turn up next week as there seemed to be a mix up and a replacement is being sent out.

I like how retailers are content to do absolutely nothing until a complaint is made. Why not get in touch with me and apologise for the kerfuffle. 

The first time I make enquiries I'm polite but if I have to chase it up a second time.. Watch out!

I finally got around to using my cordless shiatsu massager on my back but I think I over did it. The problem is, it is quite brutal when I wear thin tops. 

The nodes feel like a block of wood especially when the heat is off and it is rotating against my bony shoulder blades. On the small of my back it feels heavenly though. Which is where I normally apply it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D