Tuesday 27 October 2020

You mean nothing to me!

I can sit down look you in the eye and talk for hours on any given subject but once I exit..

Our conversations are left behind with you, because I never carry them with me. 

The next time we meet. You ask me follow up questions and I barely remember your name. 

In all those fleeting moments. I smiled. I laughed. I rolled my eyes and mocked you but you never made a lasting impression on me. 

You ask too much of me and I despise you for it. I don't owe you a damn thing.

Stop pressuring me to like you. To remember you. To force a connection, a fondness I never felt. 

You were a means to an end. A way to pass the time or be inspired. You are a distant memory. An already forgotten encounter. 

You served your purpose. Now exit out of my life gracefully. Don't prolong the distaste I form when I see you.

You don't have enough substance for me. You are no gentleman. You back me into a corner and think I will cave? 

I am not nice nor kind or sweet. I will inflict damage and scar you if you try to control me. 

I'm not your friend or your enemy. I'm just a sleepy whisper in your ear that suited my purpose. 

For one brief moment you were what I needed but now that time has passed.. 

I release you back into the world. You can be some other woman's problem. 

Ps. 

Know this. You were never as good as you thought you were. You are replaceable. I am not. 

Goodbye 

X-Y-Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D