Thursday 29 October 2020

Ebay deal

I was searching high and low for a good deal for my replacement laptop on Argos, Amazon, Groupon, Wowcher etc. 

I didn't really see anything appealing in the specifications I required.

I wanted at least 8gb ram for all the multi tasking I do, having about 5 tabs open and 2 browsers to switch between. 

Bluetooth was essential for the headphones I wear to tune out background noise, especially if I'm writing really late at night. 

Big screen because it just makes everything better. 

I would have liked another Lenovo but they too pricey, too small and less powerful so it would have meant downgrading. 

HD was a bonus and I wanted a loud crisp sound so hopefully the stereo speakers are adequate. 

In my experience laptops have such low sound, you need external speakers attached. 

It would be nice if it's really bright too as my eyesight is so poor.  

You have no idea how irritating it is typing with half a keyboard. Blogging on my phone just doesn't have the same feel. 

I'm losing my enthusiasm for it. I saw the 20% off in Ebay, craftily capped at £75 and looked through all the participating stores.

Most of them as you would expect are second hand but I was only interested in the brand new models and after browsing them all found a deal I was happy with. 

It ticked all my boxes and was priced at £400 but I paid £325. It is my first ever Chromebook.

I've never purchased one before and hope it will last a good few years. 

It's silvery black which is so boring. I wanted something red or purple. 

Apparently I can put Firefox and my adblocker/lastpass extensions on it, which had worried me.

I read some reviews and watched some YouTube videos but couldn't see my exact model. 

I love how companies are quick to offer next day delivery and then when you read the miniscule fine print, there are serious stipulations attached. 

It's predicted to arrive roughly on Tuesday, by an unknown courier. I always hope for Royal Mail or somebody narrowing down a timeslot.

I know its a rush job and I could have spent longer searching but the laptop is dying. It won't even charge now and I need a working keyboard again. 

I really hope I made the right choice. How much more different could it be to a Windows laptop? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D