Thursday 22 October 2020

J is off!

There is something different about you. I don't know what it is but you're pulling away and I'm not even smothering you. 

I asked a few innocent questions and you just freaked out completely.

Wanted to know why I was enquiring about it but the thing was. You were the one sharing.

All I did was ask a follow up question. Is that not allowed? Have the rules changed?

From friends to acquaintances it seems. You just constructed a wall between us and I wonder why that is?

I did confront you though instead of letting you skirt the issue.

Asked why you didn't get in touch and you just said you couldn't. 

Not something came up or work was busy or you forgot but that it was a missed opportunity to catch up.

You said in one breath we were friends and in another that you confide in your "real" friends. 

I don't think I'm angry or hurt just a little confused because you contradict yourself.

On one hand you say that we talk about things to make us smile and we can share normally but you only talk about one thing. How is that regular?

At least I told you I wasn't trying to pry or get closer. All I was attempting to do was have a broader conversation but you remain stilted. 

I confess to not understanding how making idle chitchat interferes with your private nature? It's not like I am asking about your hopes and dreams.

Why do you ask me personal questions? How is that fair to me? 

When I am more than willing to share and more often that not, do. 

You are genuinely interested and that bugs me because you don't allow me to be inquisitive about your world.

I offered you an option of contacting me today without it being pre-arranged and said that there was only one string. 

That it was to be appreciated and utilised by the end of the year. 

I wonder if you'll take me up on it? I expanded the parameters, I guess to make it more enticing.

Make no mistake though. If I feel like you are taking advantage of me and not making an equal effort. 

I will disappear. I don't offer my friendship lightly. I vet my potential acquaintances first. 

I really don't want anything much from you. Just a bit of banter here and there and some honesty. I even asked you today if you had social anxiety.

I was kinda hoping you were going to nod but you dismissed it and said that wasn't the case.

No tricks or manipulation just someone to occasionally connect with. 

However let me know if that isn't the case anymore because the way you acted today, was cold and aloof.

The opposite to the people in my life that I care about and have some affection for. 

Don't waste my time, if you suddenly don't want me in your life. I can handle hearing it without falling to pieces.

"Next!" is the only thing I'll shout and possibly "Have a nice life." It is my trademark after all :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D