Tuesday 13 October 2020

Blog growth

I feel a lot better today, despite the fact that J hasn't called. I think my best bet is to go through my options and decide whether or not to take a step backwards in order to move forwards.

Option 1 is sign back up to Pinterest and faff around with boards taking up precious time. Everyone seems to recommend this.

Option 2 is list it in some blog directories which I can't seem to do. What am I afraid of? That someone will call me a sham blogger because I'm not popular and don't conform to having images or personal details present?

Option 3 is I guess signing up to Facebook as an alternative place to advertise.

Option 4 is downsizing to a smaller platform, more chance to get noticed and get involvement going.

Conclusion I really like Blogger and I value how much I've grown and my writing has evolved into something good. I've tried LiveJournal, WordPress, Medium, Anonyme, PointBlog, Tumblr and none of them feel like home to me.

At least with Blogger I don't need to have coding knowledge. I can change the font colour/style without taxing my brain and although it's not my own personal website, it still feels like mine.

It takes no effort and instead of taking up time with learning how it works I can just get on and publish. I have to at least try option 2. I'm not a bad blogger. 

People just need to discover me and I need to push against my insecurities and promote myself even though I feel apprehensive about it. Think good thoughts.

All the blog chats seem to be contained on Facebook but how do anonymous bloggers join in? I'm not joining through my main account, defeats the purpose and you can't sign up to Facebook without a real name. 

Also it sucks being one of few that actually vents my real feelings out. Angry, depressed, downcast instead of being perky 24-7.

I don't feel catered to at all. 

I did it. I actually followed through with it. My face is still flushed but I still did it. The facebook page is created, linked to website done, the twitter refused to link so blah.

I already started contributing to others posts. I feel less isolated already. Others are frustrated and feeling defeated also. I'm off to eat, the worst is over and I wasn't rejected from the group.

Go me :D

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D